Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: "Cottage Grove", AKA "The house that Izy lived in" ( Top is Done, pg 12)

Ditto--cute, cute, cute!! I love them all. These birds are really cute and I love your touch with the kitty! Have you thought about little tiny buttons or seed beads for door knobs? Just a thought....

Maple Grove, MN (by way of GA, NC, PA, NC, AL!)
    really cute - you have more patience than I do!

Quote Originally Posted by Susan in Texas
    These are so cute. Where did you find a picket fence?
    It is in the clip art in microsoft word. I wasnt real happy with the coloring of it, but there wasnt alot to choose from !!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    Ditto--cute, cute, cute!! I love them all. These birds are really cute and I love your touch with the kitty! Have you thought about little tiny buttons or seed beads for door knobs? Just a thought....

I did think about using buttons for the birds and other little things, but since the nearest quilt shop is almost an hour away, and Hobby Lobby and Walmart just dont have any cute stuff like that I decided to go with applique. I didnt want to wait until the next time we have a chance to get to OKC. Too impatient :lol: :lol:

Melissa, I just discovered this thread. Your blocks are fabulous!! I just love the quilt pattern. It makes me wish I could do applique, but this pattern would probably be too difficult for a beginner. :(

Blog Entries
    Love that one too.

Quote Originally Posted by CissyQuilts
    Melissa, I just discovered this thread. Your blocks are fabulous!! I just love the quilt pattern. It makes me wish I could do applique, but this pattern would probably be too difficult for a beginner. :(
    Machine fusible applique is not hard and is actually a lot of fun!! There are just a few tricks to it and then the only thing that holds you back is your imagination (and Melissa has a fabulous imagination!!!) I would recommend starting with a simpler pattern that has less pieces (and bigger pieces) and you will be hooked in no time. Go for it :lol:

I saw your dresden plate machine applique and I would not call you a beginner.

What Marcia said!!! And this really doesnt have that much applique. The houses are mostly pieced with just some accents appliqued. You should try it!!!!

My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA
    Blog Entries
    THis is great ! Where did you get the idea?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    Machine fusible applique is not hard and is actually a lot of fun!! There are just a few tricks to it and then the only thing that holds you back is your imagination (and Melissa has a fabulous imagination!!!) I would recommend starting with a simpler pattern that has less pieces (and bigger pieces) and you will be hooked in no time. Go for it :lol:

I saw your dresden plate machine applique and I would not call you a beginner.
    Thanks, Marcia. The dresden block was pretty easy, but the cottages look complicated. I guess I just need to jump in and give it a try. :D

Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw

What Marcia said!!! And this really doesnt have that much applique. The houses are mostly pieced with just some accents appliqued. You should try it!!!!
    Melissa, I really, really love this quilt pattern. It's so pretty! I might just go ahead and give it a try. Thanks for the encouragement. :D

Melissa, I love your quilt. I hope my little four houses quilt turns out just half as cute. You did a great job. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Susan in Texas
    Melissa, I love your quilt. I hope my little four houses quilt turns out just half as cute. You did a great job. :D

Susan, I cant wait to see your house quilt!! You really have me curious as to how it will be!!! :D

mgshaw....this is so cute I can't stand it.....gonna put this one on my list!!......Oh your almost done.....ohhhhhh.......I can hear that machine a humming......

I love all the photo's you've shared ....but would like to see a block all cut and ready to put together.....kinda unfinished.....from begining to end.......

what fantastic idea's you have.....The door came out fabulous....little birdies are so cute... and the windows....make me smile....

Last house block!!!! Just 4 applique flower blocks, sashings and checker board border to go!

The shutters are 3 dimensional!

The Gardener's Cottage
    Name:  Attachment-20696.jpe
Views: 16
Size:  55.6 KB

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    WOW wow. Such detail. I love the hinges on the gate. WOW.

Banned
    Another beauty.... Goodness girl. Your on a roll..... :P

Melissa--this is my favorite one. I downloaded it to get a better look at all the detail. I like the yellow you used for the house-good choice-and the three dimensional shutters! How fun is that!! And the woman in the window arranging flowers-cute! The fence and gate are adorable-right down to the handle!! And the grass and stone fabrics are great! Definitely my favorite! It gets the 3 cute salute-Cute, Cute, Cute!!! (But, I do not want the other houses to feel bad so don't tell them this is my fav-they are all very cute too! :D )

Oh gosh.....it is simply lovely with a bonus of three dimensional shutters. Your work is stunning! :thumbup:

Thanks all!!! These were SO MUCH FUN!!!!!! I guess because its so different than what I normally do!
    I wont bore you with the step by step on the rest of the quilt, but will show the finished top when I get it done!!!

Hurry and finish! I can't wait!! HURRY, HURRY!!!

I am so much looking forward to seeing this one finished. Its going to be gorgeous.

Elle

Just sooooo cute Melissa!! :D:D:D:D:D

Izy
    Melissa You are doing such a fantastic job of this, what fun too, I love all the little bits of detail which makes it unique to you :D

I INSIST you continue posting every development, you can't make us wait.......awwwhhh go on - pretty please :D :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by mgshaw
    Thanks all!!! These were SO MUCH FUN!!!!!! I guess because its so different than what I normally do!
    I wont bore you with the step by step on the rest of the quilt, but will show the finished top when I get it done!!!
    Oh, I cannot imagine any of us would be bored!! Keep posting pics and see :D

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 ... LastLast