Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: "over the river" ready for the fair

I made this quilt for my dad, and he along with the ladies from my lqs, have insisted that I enter this in the local county fair....I am really proud of this one, and don't know if I could handle the rejection if I don't win. For those of you that do enter fairs, do you think about this? For those of you that don't enter fairs, is this the reason?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Oh it's beautiful, I have never enter a contest, but you have a blue ribbon (top ribbon) from me.

I love it! I don't know about entering the fair because I have never done it, but I know that there are those on here that do that will give you some great advice.

I'd sure give you the winning ribbon

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't worry about it. It sure is a winner in my book.

LOVE THE QUILT, and definitely blue ribbon worthy! I used to enter our county fair, the commercial or adult/open division, with quilts, photographs, canned goods, etc. til I found out that they just stuck ribbons on everything. Think our fair just liked the effect it added to the overall fair ambiance. But, that was just my experience with our local fair. Good luck!

Beautiful quilt. Definitely ribbon worthy.

Gorgeous quilt! I say go for it!

Definitely Blue Ribbon eligible. As for winning.....you have already won with the encouragement you have received from your father and the lqs.

i would go for it its a nice quilt and even if it dosent win its not the end off the world winning or not winning dosent deminish the amount off time and love you put into it your father will treasure it eather way and that is what is important.

So very Nice!

Good Luck. Its a beautiful quilt. I really love it. can't wait to hear where you placed. Again best of luck at the fair.

beautiful!!! love what you did with the borders instead of the pieced border. best of luck at the fair

Beautiful!

Blog Entries
    You are already a winner, and just don't recognize it. Ask your father it's special.

In my opinion, it's just gorgeous. How could you not enter this in a contest!?

It is beautiful, thanks for sharing. By the way, should you not win, it doesn't mean that your quilt isn't worth a ribbon. Just some people have different views and opinions.

Be of good cheer and by a frame for the ribbon that is to come!

I love that one. It's on my bucket list. Put it in the fair to show it off, people will love to see it. So what if you don't get a ribbon, is that why you made it?? (PS You prob will though, it's wonderful)

I'm making the same one and changing the wording also !
    Great job -- its beautiful ~

I have done it. there is usually a critique by the judge/s. It will tell you what was done well, what they liked, what could be improved. I find it very helpful.
    Your quilt looks marvelous. Think of it as a good learning experience.

I enter quilts in the county fair just because I like showing them off :D My DD won 2 blue ribbons this year & several years ago she won "Best of Show". She'd made a baby quilt for new niece. Her SIL entered it in fair without DD's knowledge. She was very excited when she found out about it.

Blog Entries
    What wonderful work! And so very different! Sure to win a ribbon!

Love it, Go for it...

Love it! I say go for it. It will be a fun & learning experience if nothing else. Just enjoy the process, meet other quilters & learn all you can from them. I think you have a WINNER in your Dad's eyes. That's what really counts, isn't it?

I enter in the fair most years. I just take the attitude that it doesn't matter if I win a ribbon or not. I am proud of my accomplishments and like to show what I am capable of doing. I have learned a lot from the judge's comments, but I also know that competition can be fierce so I am not offended if I don't win anything.
    Yours is beautiful & I would be proud to show it off!!!
    Just a side note - I live in Forsyth & was surprised to see it in the wording!

I entered one in my guild's show last year as well as another local guild's show. It didn't win anything, and yes, I was concerned about how I'd feel if it didn't, but I got some great feedback on it, and I was very proud of myself for having the courage to enter it!!!

I say, go for it, and enjoy seeing it in the fair! Win or lose, you KNOW it's already a winner where it's most important!!!!!

That is beautiful! Great work!

Take your quilt to the Fair with pride!

Your LQS ladies would not be nudging you if they did not think it was worthy ... after all they're reputation is on the line too! :)

It's an impressive quilt and looks pretty darned perfect in all different "judged" areas. I'm sure your Dad is going to be sooooo proud to see it hung at the Fair. And chances are it'll bring tears to your eyes too.

I'm gathering together some things to take to the Fair this weekend ... and yes I'm nervious. At the same time, I'm proud of what I am taking ... and leaving the others that don't make my personal top list at home. If they place, great ... if not, I'll still be proud, and will still show in another Fair the following weekend.

Good Luck!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast