Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
"When The Cold Wind Blows" Applique >

"When The Cold Wind Blows" Applique

"When The Cold Wind Blows" Applique

Old 09-28-2009, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Quilter1962 -- the fabrics you have chosen for this quilt are just "SCRUMMY"! :D

I think 'Scrummy' is the perfect word!! They are perfect!! And, I think I recognize that one paisley on cream from Laurie Simpson's stuff....which I had the blue...and, it went somewhere else( a quilt of course!)LOL They are perfect!! I love all your choices and how excitingit is to see all the beginning thoughts....and, how exciting we are embarking this together!!!:)Good job!!Skeat...who just loves the paisley 'persian' pickles!!! Never enough in the world!!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:17 AM

Yea, Tisha!! I am so glad you posted your fabrics too. They are very scrummy!!!

I am getting really excited to start this. I need to get my current UFOs out of the way so that I can have a clear conscience when I start!!
Old 09-28-2009, 11:32 AM

Skeat: Wonderful. So pretty.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:01 PM

WOW...Those are your 1st effort??? Beautiful job!!! Your quilt will be a treasure when you have it finished!!!
Old 09-28-2009, 01:28 PM

Aww...shucks guys!!:)((blushing))You are way too kind!! But, I am glad you are!! Come on Marcia...live on the edge!! Get 2 going at once....I will not confess to how many I have going at once....nope...I won't!! But, I assure you it is more then 2!:)And if I am not in the mood for applique...then I sew something else...and, then the mood comes back stronger!!:)I am prepping a stain glass project for a class next week....another project!!:)LOL
Old 09-28-2009, 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by mamatobugboo
my library system does not have When the Cold Wind Blows but I am going tomorrow to pick up a Baltimore Album book to fondle for a while.... :D

These look good too....

http://www.amazon.com/Carrie-Halls-S...ref=pd_sim_b_3

http://www.amazon.com/William-Morris...d_bxgy_b_img_b

Steph

You are a tease LOL I was looking at the Carrie Hall Sampler book - I was even sad enough to email a link to Marcia to ask if she had seen it. Now it looks as if you have awoken the monster in me for that BOOK - LOL.
Did you buy it ????

Tisha
Old 09-28-2009, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by Skeat
Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Quilter1962 -- the fabrics you have chosen for this quilt are just "SCRUMMY"! :D

I think 'Scrummy' is the perfect word!! They are perfect!! And, I think I recognize that one paisley on cream from Laurie Simpson's stuff....which I had the blue...and, it went somewhere else( a quilt of course!)LOL They are perfect!! I love all your choices and how excitingit is to see all the beginning thoughts....and, how exciting we are embarking this together!!!:)Good job!!Skeat...who just loves the paisley 'persian' pickles!!! Never enough in the world!!

LOL

So the in word now is SCRUMMY LOL - it sort of rolls off of the tongue with such ease.
Thank you ladies for all your comments regarding my choice of fabrics. I am itching to get started on this project - finding it really hard to resist LOL.

But I am strong I can do it.
Skeat I adore Prairie Paisley so much I had to buy a JR to sit on my shelf & 5 metres of the red paisley fabric from that range. I know I am tapped, I'm afraid to use it though LOL :mrgreen:

Tisha
Old 09-28-2009, 01:54 PM

It's okay Tisha....we all have some of those uncutable fabrics:)I have some hanging off shower rings w/clasps for my window...so, I can see it everyday w/o cutting!!:)LOL Oooooh....can you hear the freezer paper rattling???I bet it is ready to be traceddddd......:)
Old 09-28-2009, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Skeat
It's okay Tisha....we all have some of those uncutable fabrics:)I have some hanging off shower rings w/clasps for my window...so, I can see it everyday w/o cutting!!:)LOL Oooooh....can you hear the freezer paper rattling???I bet it is ready to be traceddddd......:)
LOL Such a relief to know if I do get admitted to the hospital I'll see you there too LOL.
My FP is in a box in a box in a box so I can't here it LOL - I have to chuckle to myself as since you posted your pics I have dreamt about this quilt LOL. Oh I have it so BADDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Is anyone able to analyse me ????

Tisha
Old 09-28-2009, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by quilter1962
My FP is in a box in a box in a box so I can't here it LOL - I have to chuckle to myself as since you posted your pics I have dreamt about this quilt LOL. Oh I have it so BADDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Is anyone able to analyse me ????

Tisha
Tish, my dear, you are beyond analysis!!! You are just certifiably crazy!!! And I love you for it!!

I like Prairie Paisley so much that I made a purse out of it so that I can have it with me every time I leave the house!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-7995.jpe