Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
$1.00/yrd at Walmart >

$1.00/yrd at Walmart

$1.00/yrd at Walmart

Old 02-11-2010, 01:29 PM

A lot of the Wal-Marts that are changing to "Super Wal-Marts" are getting rid of the fabrics . . . darn!!! We have ONE left in the area, but it will soon be getting rid of the fabrics, too. I better keep checking so maybe I can get some great deals like you did!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 01:36 PM

LaGrange, GA....all gone!
Old 02-11-2010, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jeri6
Are all the Walmarts loosing the Fabric Department? I know the ones in Sacramento, CA closed out their Fabric Department. We moved from there to Washington and the Walmart here in our little town still has a pretty nice selection of material and sewing supplies. I hope they do not close it out. It seems like it would make money for the store with all the quilters/sewing crafted people out there.I wonder what the reason is?
THE ONES THAT DON'T MAKE A CERTAIN PERSENTAGE IN SALES
IN THAT PART OF STORE THE TAKE IT OUT.I GOT SHOCKED LAST YEAR RIGHT AFTER CHRISTMAS THIS WAS A YEAR AGO
I WENT TO GET SOME MATERIAL AT A WALMART THAT I HAD SEEN JUST BEFORE CHRISTMAS.AN IT WAS ALL GONE.AN THERE WENT MY FABRIC I HAD BEEN WANTING.THEY DIDN'T HAVE ANY MATERIAL AT ALL NONE.AN I HAVEN'T BEEN BACK TO THAT ONE SINCE
Old 02-11-2010, 06:01 PM

All of the Wal-Marts will be taking out their material. Olny a few have it left. Sam Walton's wife is the one who wanted the crafts dept. so it stayed until her death and now with her gone so will the material.
Old 02-11-2010, 06:31 PM

I was told that they weren't going to be selling it off of bolts anymore but rather selling it in 2 yard pieces. One Walmart on the north shore of New Orleans is carrying it this way now.

Dunno what the long-run is....
Old 02-11-2010, 06:32 PM

That would work for me!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:23 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I am so glad our WM won't be losing their fabrics, All thanks to murray state university who threatened to take all their business else where. The college kids buy everything they need especially when they have their toga parties and they clean out the fabric depart. I was surprised WM actually listened.
Old 02-11-2010, 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by krazy4quilts
I got the block of the month fabric for January last week. They were 1.00 a yrd also. In March (if there is any left) I will pick up all the 1.00 yrd fabric they have. Last week I think I got close to 50 yrds of fabric. Here is a pic of what I have started to make with my buck fabric. This fabric is not real heavy but it does have a good feel to it.
What a clever design. Really unique.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:06 PM

I was spending $50 to $100 a week on fabric at WM just before I retired (pay check plus SS so could splurge) and then they did away with the fabric and notions. I rarely go there anymore. Saves me money anyway 'cause I probably always
found something else I really didn't need.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Boxer mom
All of the Wal-Marts will be taking out their material. Olny a few have it left. Sam Walton's wife is the one who wanted the crafts dept. so it stayed until her death and now with her gone so will the material.
I'm sure Sam and his wife are rolling over in their graves. I was at WM day before yesterday for groceries; many of the shelves were thinly stocked (could it be they got hit hard for Super Bowl parties??). I always check the remnants bin for my stash and haven't had much luck there either. Many of WM's fabrics are of unknown content so I don't typically buy them but once in a while I'll see a cotton that screams take me home.