Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date >

2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date

2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date

Old 07-18-2009, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
excellent! i'd love to have him.

do they ever get in your house? my cats would love to chase him around.
Hm....what do you think? Do you REALLY think I'd let something THAT big into my house? lol I do have the little whitish ones that are all over my house. Even found some eggs in my fat quarter stash.
I'll let the lizard know that you will be awaiting him. He says he's never been to NYC, and has heard the stories of midtown Manhattan at Christmas being so pretty. :)
Old 07-18-2009, 08:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Originally Posted by kluedesigns
excellent! i'd love to have him.

do they ever get in your house? my cats would love to chase him around.
Hm....what do you think? Do you REALLY think I'd let something THAT big into my house? lol I do have the little whitish ones that are all over my house. Even found some eggs in my fat quarter stash.
I'll let the lizard know that you will be awaiting him. He says he's never been to NYC, and has heard the stories of midtown Manhattan at Christmas being so pretty. :)
christmas is the best time to visit NYC - i could just see him wearing a hat and coat and ice skating at Rockefeller Center.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:39 PM

Midtown at Christmas IS awesome! Have been there quite a few times!

Ok, Now I'm trying to figure out my centers. Hubby says I should do some sort of landscape one...yea right! NOT! I'm not THAT good!
I thought about maybe a pretty vase with some flowers in it, but not sure. The one that I have that is finishing up now is a hummingbird on a flower.
Decisions, decisions.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:01 AM

Ok, I have my inspiration for my center. I've been contemplating doing this for a long time now, so I'm thinking maybe now is the time.
Izy sent me this postcard and I think it's adorable. Always wanted to make a quilt like it.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-18386.jpe  
Old 07-19-2009, 05:02 AM
Power Poster

Oh, thats a cool one Terri! Did you see the kitties I got to put on Steph's last round on the old IRR? I loved doing that!!! Come on...I want to see kitties playing all over your quilt! I'm thinking I'd like to do a more whimsical quilt style this time...with the great sense of humor here on the board...I think it would be really fun. So...I'm thinking!!
Old 07-19-2009, 05:04 AM
Power Poster

Klue...thanks sooo much for your explanation. I agree that all the ladies here will do a wonderful job. Again, this is a DON'T PANIC kind of thing. The tops all seem to speak once they get to you and it always seems to work out just right! There is of course tons of help here on the board too! Your LQS is a great resource for ideas as well. They love to help out on these!
Old 07-19-2009, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Oh, thats a cool one Terri! Did you see the kitties I got to put on Steph's last round on the old IRR? I loved doing that!!! Come on...I want to see kitties playing all over your quilt! I'm thinking I'd like to do a more whimsical quilt style this time...with the great sense of humor here on the board...I think it would be really fun. So...I'm thinking!!
No, didn't see it!
I'll have to go find it

Hey! Where is it????
Old 07-19-2009, 05:44 AM

Okay Terri - you've officially kept me from ever stepping onto the island of Guam. If one of those things came within 2 feet of me I'd have a new outlook on gun ownership.

And the postcard is fantastic! That would make an awesome center. Just a thought - what if you did it in Black & Whites and put just a splash of color (either the kitty, or a sun or something like that)?? Might be fun to see how others add to it!
Old 07-19-2009, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Okay Terri - you've officially kept me from ever stepping onto the island of Guam. If one of those things came within 2 feet of me I'd have a new outlook on gun ownership.

And the postcard is fantastic! That would make an awesome center. Just a thought - what if you did it in Black & Whites and put just a splash of color (either the kitty, or a sun or something like that)?? Might be fun to see how others add to it!
Aww...he's just a little one. He's only about 3 feet long. I saw a nice pretty green iguana crossing the road the other day...no camera, dang it!
He was about maybe 5 feet long. I stopped, put my hazards on so the cars would stop and let the little guy cross.
Old 07-19-2009, 05:53 AM

You have a bigger heart than me kiddo. Lizards and bugs give me the eebie-jeebies. :twisted: