Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date >

2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date

2009/2010 IRR Centers-Oct. 15, 2009 mailing date

Old 09-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Power Poster

Ninnie and everyone else....remember, it is YOUR LABEL...and your quilt...you can do anything you would like :lol:

The only thing that I would ask everyone to do is to try to honor what the owner of the quilt would like for their label...For instance...I might not put headers over my label columns, but when I sign it first...I might put my name, my screen name, my location, my round #, then the technique I used.. I would like for everyone to "follow the leader"....do the same thing that the quilt owner did..then don't worry. Also...if not you don't do it exactly like the person before you did.....remember, this is FUN!!! Our friends are SIGNING our labels....isn't that the most important part? :lol:

As always..if you have a questions about someone's label or center, you can always email and ask. :D
Old 09-23-2009, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by JoanneS
Originally Posted by gaigai
Barb, just something I learned the hard way recently--Even though the pigma pen is permanent, the ink from yor printer probably isn't, even if heat set with an iron. I had a mess when I washed something that had been printed, even though it had been pressed several times with a very hot iron.
I agree with Gai - I USED to label quilts via my printer, but giftees have said the ink fades when the quilt is washed. Now I use Ultra Fine Sharpie Permanent Ink Pens. I like them more than Pigma Pens. I iron the label fabric to freezer paper. I use my version of a light box:
I put a piece of glass (plexiglass would work) over the sewing machine 'hole' in my sewing cabinet, put a table lamp under it. I design my label on my 'puter, print it & tape it to the glass, tape the freezer paper+ label fabric over it and copy with my Sharpies.
THANK YOU
re-thinking.......
Old 09-24-2009, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Woo Hoo! Finally done! I didn't love my original plan so I changed out the corners and now it has life and makes me smile. This was my first attempt at needle turned applique, and while I won't be taking on a Baltimore Album anytime soon, I really like using this method . . . just very time consuming for me. The close-up is of the corner fabric - made to look like old wild west show posters. I've had the fabrics for 10 years or more and never knew what to do with them. I haven't made my label yet, but plan to cut out six cowgirl posters and applique them on one background piece so each quilter will have one to sign next to.
LOVE it!
Old 09-24-2009, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by chewboo
finally got it done i thought he was so cute
The teddy is quilt adorable!!
Old 09-25-2009, 08:54 AM
Power Poster

Working on my second center today! Hope to have a picture my tonight! :D
Old 09-25-2009, 09:01 AM

please post pics if you are done i am keeping pics of all that are in my groups looking forward to your pic ninnie
Old 09-25-2009, 09:56 AM

I'm not in this but am admiring everyone's work.. saying.. wish I was brave enough to try it... but hating deadlines and not wanting to put that on myself.
However I will share that the Pigma markers are Archival.. safe for anything. I've also used Zig pens which are archival and cheaper.. you can find them in the scrapbooking section.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tippy
I'm not in this but am admiring everyone's work.. saying.. wish I was brave enough to try it... but hating deadlines and not wanting to put that on myself.
However I will share that the Pigma markers are Archival.. safe for anything. I've also used Zig pens which are archival and cheaper.. you can find them in the scrapbooking section.
Hi Tippy, thanks for the info. the deadlines on this IRR II are roughly 2 months to put on a border, not that bad heh. Perhaps next time you can join us.

Elle
Old 09-25-2009, 01:04 PM

Thanks for the label suggestions guys! I like Patti's idea for 'following the leader' the best. Great job on all the centers!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2009, 01:54 PM

Whoo hoo!!!!!!! Mine is done! Just need to do the label.... Hope those of you in my group love Mickey! :)

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...yRRblock-1.jpg[/IMG]