Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
3-D Baby Quilt >

3-D Baby Quilt

3-D Baby Quilt

Old 05-24-2012, 12:37 PM

I don't know what would happen to the relationship if that had happened to me. I wouldn't want to look hurt, or say anything (but I would have tried to downplay any one else's negative attitude). It would hurt too much to share! I think I would have to cool the relationship until she tried to fix it. Unless some of the excuses the good-hearted expressed turned out to be correct I don't think I'd want that person as a friend very much. And how would you know. This may be a good time to simply quietly wait.... not share your hurt with your circle of friends... I don't mean what you did on QB, because we are a source of support that isn't involved in that friendship circle.

AND I think your quilt is a darling little boy quilt. Lots for him to look at and wonder about!

Sierra

Last edited by Sierra; 05-24-2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches View Post
May her labor continue for an additional 30 minutes. Your quilt is adorable.
LOL...good one..
Old 05-24-2012, 12:56 PM

That is just awful! Can't believe the inconsiderate people that can't even really open a gift.
If it makes you feel a little bit better....My BFF's son and his wife are new parents...they live 4 blocks away from me. They bring him on a walk to the park across the street from my house. I have yet to see this baby. Last month I got a thank you note for the shower gift (Quilt and many other things) written on the back of the birth annoucement. He was 3 month old when the announcement arrived...also in the envelope was an invitation to the christening. I declined.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:01 PM

I made a quilt for my husband's Grandmother for xmas a few years ago...although she did take it out of the box, that was pretty much all that was done...last year, I would say about a month before she passed away, she told me how "ashamed" (her word, not mine) she was that she didn't display her beautiful quilt I had made her...That meant everything in the world to me..so don't be too quick to judge her..just yet..and if she doesn't thank you for your beautiful gift in her thank you note then ASK FOR IT BACK!!! lol
Old 05-24-2012, 01:58 PM

Oh my how did you control yourself? I had a young mother say "oh, it is home made so I can't take it back" I gently handed her $20.00 and took my quilt back. The mom acted pleased with the $20.00 and I was sure please to later find a good home for my quilt...
Old 05-24-2012, 03:09 PM

I think it is a beautiful quilt.
Old 05-24-2012, 03:57 PM

I made quilts for a new to-be mother and a new to-be grandmother last week-end. I was so gratified they both were well received. I know I would have been crushed if at least a little fuss was not made. A few years ago I made a lovely flannel rag quilt for my BFF's son's new baby. The "baby" is 2 1/2 and I have never received any form of thank you! During an email conversation I finally asked the baby's mother if the quilt was OK - or did she even receive it. The reply was "oh I am so bad about getting out thank you's".....and did not even say thank you then!!!!! I told my BFF that if those two ever get married, you can bet I won't be giving a present! I don't know if you are friends with or related to "Baby Garland" but you might ask if the quilt is something she will use.....
Old 05-24-2012, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by cheaha39 View Post
Oh my how did you control yourself? I had a young mother say "oh, it is home made so I can't take it back" I gently handed her $20.00 and took my quilt back. The mom acted pleased with the $20.00 and I was sure please to later find a good home for my quilt...
What a lady-like way to handle the situation.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:06 PM
RDM

It's a cute quilt and I'm sure baby will enjoy it. Think about the little one you made it for to help take away from the lack of appreciation by mom. I'm sure you put a lot of time and effort and joy into making this quilt.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:47 PM

It is cute as can be, some people just don't appreciate hand made gifts because they don't know how to do anything like that and don't know the time, value or the love that went into making a gift......