Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Pictures
  • Affairs of the Heart - Block #10 Photos >
  • Affairs of the Heart - Block #10 Photos

• Affairs of the Heart - Block #10 Photos

Old 04-27-2011, 03:53 PM

Oh, jolo, I can't wait to see what you've decided for a color scheme! Each one I see is better than the last. I think I need to make about 8 or 10 of these so I can do all of them!
    Old 04-27-2011, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Oh, jolo, I can't wait to see what you've decided for a color scheme! Each one I see is better than the last. I think I need to make about 8 or 10 of these so I can do all of them!
    **now i know that she is off her rockers**

lol
    Old 04-28-2011, 03:39 AM

who said I ever even had rockers to get off from? :-) :-) :-)

I wish I had a creative thinker in my brain. I am such that I must do it just like the patterns say to do!!! Don't even think about trying to vary a little bit. I have been inspired to do something with those inner borders as I decided the fabric I bought for them washes out. BUT, this variation is only because common sense says this looks awful! Lasley inspired me to do hearts in the borders, but I had to make them 2" wide finished to accommodate the hearts. I'm only doing the 7" blocks.
    Old 04-28-2011, 05:01 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    who said I ever even had rockers to get off from? :-) :-) :-)

I wish I had a creative thinker in my brain. I am such that I must do it just like the patterns say to do!!! Don't even think about trying to vary a little bit. I have been inspired to do something with those inner borders as I decided the fabric I bought for them washes out. BUT, this variation is only because common sense says this looks awful! Lasley inspired me to do hearts in the borders, but I had to make them 2" wide finished to accommodate the hearts. I'm only doing the 7" blocks.
    No pics of those borders yet Kathy?
    Old 04-28-2011, 05:32 AM
    Power Poster

Yeah Kathy...you know you CANNOT just drop comments like that, then NOT show us a pic!!! BAD Kathy....BAD...BAD!!!!
    Old 04-28-2011, 04:26 PM

Nothing to show yet. The little hearts are fused & cut out. I did play with the layout, but haven't ironed anything down yet. Last weekend I spent most of it quilting a set of 4 long skinny wall hangings that I decided I was going to join together for a single piece. Got the quilting done & the 4 sections together, but I started to add batting to the outer edges, got 2 on & came over to this blasted Board to watch preggo mares eat & poop!!!

Sunday, I started out doing some cutting & then after eating Easter dinner, started feeling lousy. Lazed around the rest of the day. This week, after work we had several visitors & stuff (life) happening around us. I did get the embroidery lines marked on the backside of about 12 or so blocks that have been stitched. Am going to try doing the bobbin work BEFORE layering & quilting. All this was because I was having trouble figuring out how to get those curlie wurlies on those borders!

Oh, that & our annual Festival of Quilts is coming up & I don't have anything to show - hence the push on the 4 Seasons wallhanging.
    Old 04-28-2011, 04:54 PM
    Power Poster

OK Kathy, you get a pass for just a little while :wink:...The festival of Quilts sounds like fun. I'm sure you will be able to come up with something!
    Old 04-28-2011, 06:40 PM

I have - the 4 Seasons wallhanging! That's why I've switched over to it instead of AOTH. However, my hearts really not into it - it's a UFO from at least 2 years ago. Tonight I got the batting sewn to all 4 sides, the front & back border pieces sewn together & the binding made. Now all I have to do is cut the borders to length & sew on. Couldn't do that tonight as there is no overhead light in the dining room right now.

Last night a guy from work came over to install 2 ceiling fans in the house - dining room & master b-room. He started in dining room, but encountered weird wiring - only 1 switch for light fixture, but appears to have wiring for a 2nd one. Light doesn't work. He took booklets from fan & remote home to study. Won't be able to come back until Saturday, so no light in dining room. All fan parts are on my table, so no room to work - like measure & cut borders to length. :?
    Old 04-29-2011, 05:07 AM
    Power Poster

Well, how dare he mess up your sewing area??? LOL! I guess you need to explain a few things to him....wait...you said work- does...*gulp, stutter* does he carry a gun???
    Old 04-29-2011, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
    Well, how dare he mess up your sewing area??? LOL! I guess you need to explain a few things to him....wait...you said work- does...*gulp, stutter* does he carry a gun???
    Uh, I don't think so - - :wink: He works in Maintenance, ex-Navy & super nice. I feel really bad that it is such a challenge for him. However, sure is gonna be nice to have the fans in these 3 rooms. Had them in just about every room in Milwaukee; especially miss the one in m-b-room, such a nice quiet, gentle motion of moving air.

About guns - the only person that is armed at the prison is the officer riding the perimeter in "mobile." It isn't too smart to put firearms actually in the prison. If the need arises, the Armory is just a short jog from the prison to the Administration building. In the central officer area are several pepper-ball guns & boatloads of different kinds of gas. Plenty of deterrents. Lethal force is used only as a last resort. Gas is usually enough, after 2 or 3 canisters have been thrown into the Pod. That's enough to bring most inmates down quickly. COs wear gas masks & throw the canisters through small round openings in the windows of the pod called gas ports. No doors on the ports - just a 5" diameter hole. Doors were removed before I started there as an inmate figured out how to get them off! No one said they weren't clever.

Don't worry about him messing up anything - I just shoved it over so I had some space to do a little cutting. I took a couple of AOTH blocks to work today, but the machines there are not my Janome. I bought 4 Brother Project Runway 5000 about 5 years ago. I really don't like them, but the guys don't know the difference & the work gets done. These probably need replacing as we really use them to death. Only 2 work all right. I have 2 others that are so-so & 6 that don't work well at all, but don't know what to do with them. They were CHEAP, bottom of the Brother line at their time.