Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Also Scrap Busting >

Also Scrap Busting

Also Scrap Busting

Old 04-08-2008, 04:41 AM

I love it. I have a pile of 5" blocks saved now I know what to do with them.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:27 AM

I love the motion you can see when you stare at the quilt! I just printed directions so I can try one.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:38 AM

That is one gorgeous quilt---and it certainly doesn't look like it was made of "leftovers"----you did alot of thinking about where to place lights and darks and the finished product is stunning (it certainly makes my "to do" list!!!!)
Old 04-08-2008, 09:09 AM

oooh nice job grammy!!! Its so nice and colourful!!!
Old 04-18-2008, 12:54 PM

Wow, this does have lots of movement and optical illusion going on!

A wonderful 'free' quilt as you say. A fun way to use up those scraps that seem to multiply while we sleep.

I'm going to add this to my 'to do' list!

You wouldn't believe the scraps I have, my friends give them to me. The tiniest ones I don't use and give to some pre-school teachers for 'glue' art with the kids. I love to think that they are getting excited about color, texture and fabric....future quilters in the making?

keep on creating with scraps! :D
Old 04-18-2008, 12:58 PM
Izy

Originally Posted by Celeste
Originally Posted by ccbear66
I am also working on one of this pattern. I'm making mine queen size and am using 200 different fabrics.
200 different fabrics?!?!?!?!?! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Celeste - My thoughts exactly!! - I would LOVE to have 100 different fabrics never mind 200- Lucky lady!!

Just love the quilt, I am gonna go check it out on quiltville site right now......!!!!! :D :D
Old 04-19-2008, 07:46 AM

This is absolutely great!!!!!! My granddaughter is standing over my shoulder saying we need to make this and she is right. I've just worked on getting our sewing room straighten up (never totally organized) and I just was amazed at the space I've taken up with scraps. I think I'll just get in that sewing room with a large plastic tub and dump them all of those scraps in and see what happens. There is probably some fabric in my stash that I just don't know what to do with that could find it's way into this tub and be cut into strips. School will soon be out and our Haley is much happier when she has a project going, and I will also be much happier ALSO. Since she has a very good eye for color and design, this can be TOTALLY her project; all I will need to do is turn that plastic tub over to her. I just printed out the pattern and she is studying it in great detail. I know I often mention this, but I am constantly reminded that this autistic child has many talents, and I hope any family with a child of this nature will be able to find things they can do which bring them as much contentment as quilting has brought to our granddaughter. ALSO, this is probably a good group to share one of her many literal concepts. As I took a broom and took down some spider webs on my friend's back porch (she has recently had two knee replacements), Haley was asking why I was doint this. First there was the need to explain my friends difficulty to do this. Then there was the need to explain that spider webs catch bugs and dust and just make a mess in general. (I did not tell her that I'm really not a fan of ANY spider) Without any hesitation her next question was, "Do bugs sneeze?" WELL, does this tell you something about my house????? Sometimes the dust collects rather well when we are into more interesting things such as quilting and Nana has certainly started sneezing when we tackle the dusting job, especially those overhead fans!!!! So happy quilting to all, and I hope those spiders and bugs sneeze themselves right out of our homes!!!!
Old 04-19-2008, 10:16 AM

nana2, so glad you are working with your granddaughter. Special needs kids need creative outlets just like the rest of us and with your guidance who knows what she might come up with. An expert quilter in the making I'm guessing.
Old 04-19-2008, 06:09 PM

I teach PreK Sp. Ed kids and so applaud your efforts with your grand daughter. These autistic kids are fascinating and many have very unique talents lost to all of us. Taking time to see how and what makes them tick is the challenge. My hat is off to you....... :lol:
Old 04-19-2008, 06:34 PM

I just added this to my file of quilts I'd like to get to some day. :lol: :lol: :lol: I just read about the lady that is 115. I would have to live at least that long to get half the quilts done that are on my list :)