Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Am I being to sensitive?? >

Am I being to sensitive??

Am I being to sensitive??

Old 07-15-2011, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Veronica
I think what is hurting you the most is the fact that they didn't acknowledge all the hard work you put into it. Your quilt is beautiful and you did a wonderful job quilting it. I'm sending you a {{{{{BIG HUG}}}}}.
Yes, and another ((((((BIG HUG))))) from me, too!!!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:42 AM

Sometimes, I have noticed at showers & such, there are so many gifts & all opened in such a hurry, that nice ones like this, often get overlooked. I hope she writes you a lovely thank you notes, & lets you know what she really thinks of your gift! You just never what is going to be a hit at a shower, but the major appreciation will come later, trust me, that & all the compliments she hears from others when she starts using this quilt for her baby! Great job, love the quilt!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:55 AM

welll...I love it...you did a great job...poo poo on them!
Old 07-15-2011, 08:56 AM

I think what you did to make their theme part of the quilt was wonderful. I like what you did. I think it was rude of those people to behave as they did but they probably don't even realize that they reacted like that. Sometimes people get tunnel vision when they are in wedding or baby show mode and forget their manners.

I'm waiting to see what my sons girlfriend is going to do when I give her one of the baby quilts I made is jungle theme. It has monkeys and that is the one thing she says she didn't want. I found that out after I had made it.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:56 AM

Wow, love the quilt!! you just never know what people are going to appreciate, hopefully they will acknowledge your efforts in the future.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:07 AM

You know sometimes people are caught up in a moment like a party or shower and just don't think. I am sure they would be very upset if they knew that their unthoughtful reaction caused you to be sad. It is a lovely quilt and any new mom and dad would be proud and honored to have such a wonderful gift made with so much thought and love for their little baby boy. About a year ago I made a baby quilt for a new grandchild of a woman that I worked with. I spent a lot of time and money on the quilt but I never got a thank you or even an acknowledgement. So one day at work I said to the woman, "how did your son and daughter in law like the quilt?" Her face turned red and she knew in an instant that I had not been thanked. The next day a thank you card was on my desk signed by the son and daughter in law, however, I had worked with this woman long enough to recgonize her handwriting. My feelings were hurt for a long time after that also, so I can relate. You are a kind and loving person and you should be proud of yourself and that lovely quilt.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:19 AM

Awww, it's such a sweet quilt!! I love how you picked up the monkey theme, and made it work. Agree w/the others, I think they'll see how wonderful it is when it gets to being used/loved. I'd feel the same as you, btw if my quilt had been 'dismissed' like that! ;-)

Quilt on... love given is never lost.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:24 AM

Everybody here on our wonderful board has been so kind. You have made me feel so much better. Thank you all so much. :D :D
Old 07-15-2011, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by stitchntimesewing
I was invited to my daughters sister in-laws daughters baby shower and went. This is a family that we spend every thanksgiving with and see several times a year at other events. Needless to say I made a baby quilt for the coming baby boy. Their theme of monkeys and jungle was made known to me after I had already started the 9 patch blue blocks. Not a problem. I improvised and used monkeys on the boarders and baby jungle on the back. Here is what made me feel sad. Her husband was there and held it up and she said here is another blanket and sat back down in the box. A couple of gifts shown later and it was a fleece tied blanket with jungle theme. They oohed and aahed and her mother came over and took several pictures. This went on for several minutes. Now I didn't want adoration for the quilt but to have had more of an even aceptance would have been nice. It made me feel like they didn't like it. Well I feel better that I vented. Here is a couple of pics of the quilt. Oh by the way I also made a matching traveling changing pad and bought a jungle babies mobile that totally matched the animals.
Your quilt is gorgeous and if you had made it for me, I'd love it to pieces.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:32 AM

It's adorable! Just vent to us and smile to them!