Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Another new toy  :) >

Another new toy :)

Another new toy :)

Old 12-09-2009, 06:42 PM
Power Poster

Lovely...and your sewing room looks as if it came from the pics of a magazine...Never in my wildest dreams could any room in my house look so pristine!
Old 12-09-2009, 06:51 PM

I actually do keep the room this orderly all the time. I think it's a need to have calm and no chaos in my life, and clutter and disorganization drive me crazy. I actually debated whether to take the picture when I did because I thought I needed to tidy up some before I took the picture. But I went ahead and just snapped it. Now, my wife and daughter on the other hand, have their side of the sewing room and it looks like a constant mess. Drives me crazy. But that's THEIR side, so I don't complain, I just keep my side the way I want it. :D
Old 12-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Power Poster

it is great that it came and you are already having fun with it, I recommend that you at least get your own black and white and then colors that your wife doesn't have, that way you both benefit. (black and white being in so many designs, you will both be trying to use them at the same time otherwise)

I love how neat it is, of course I have never been able to keep it like that, okay, I have never had my sewing room look like that, even when I moved it, I wasn't that organized. I hope one day to find my groove, but have yet to come close,
Old 12-10-2009, 06:09 AM

Can you quilt a big quilt on that?
Old 12-10-2009, 06:21 AM
Power Poster

I share my sewing room w/4 cats and it is to my advantage to keep everything put away at the end of the day. I have one that learned to open cabinet doors, UGH UGH. Your new machine was a real steal and I have looked at pictures on here before - you do wonderful work. I am impressed !!!
Old 12-10-2009, 06:52 AM

Just lovely Eddie and welcome to the dark side. lol Once you start there is no stopping well, there is you'll need a bigger machine. :) Can't wait to see what all you make and I think we need to add another area for embroidery now were getting really big group now.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:03 AM
Power Poster

Congrats on the new toy...you are already loving it I see! I want your sewing room :mrgreen:
Old 12-10-2009, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Lovely, Eddie, it must be like having two birthdays in the one year. As for your sewing room, now I understand why you can produce 6 times more than me, if not more. Would you like to come tackle my room and set it straight? Pleeeaaassse?
Can you begin to imagine how rich someone could get "organizing" those of us who dream of the possibilities?? LOL
I am sooo excited for you, Sir Eddy ... but, probably not as ecstatic as you are! Good equipment for a grand quilter .. way to go! I am sort of :mrgreen:
Old 12-10-2009, 11:40 AM

Ok.. this is fantastic! I think I want to "upgrade" too!!!.. so Eddie what kind of deal can I get on the first machine.. where did you get it/what kind of price am I looking at?.... The sewing room I'm totally envious of... I was just telling my husband about this guy on here who quilts, etc... and then here is this post, so I showed him the pictures and told him "I want one too" LOL.... lets see how long it takes. Love the embroidery too. That looks so fun, so much to do!! I don't see how you do it. Great work... show us more!!
Fannie
Old 12-10-2009, 11:41 AM

Oh Eddie, I got in on that very same deal. I bought my QC 1000 at the Des Moines Quilt Show around the middle of October. I still haven't received the embroidery machine though. I am kind of worried because I have no idea how to use an embroidery machine. Special thread? Stabilizer? I'm just now getting comfortable with the QC 1000 and I absolutely love it. It free motions alot better than my old Janome. In fact I've been so busy finishing projects that I haven't posted any pictures yet. But I will soon. :thumbup: