Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Another new toy  :) >

Another new toy :)

Another new toy :)

Old 12-12-2009, 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by MoMoSews
Oh Eddie, I got in on that very same deal. I bought my QC 1000 at the Des Moines Quilt Show around the middle of October. I still haven't received the embroidery machine though. I am kind of worried because I have no idea how to use an embroidery machine. Special thread? Stabilizer? I'm just now getting comfortable with the QC 1000 and I absolutely love it. It free motions alot better than my old Janome. In fact I've been so busy finishing projects that I haven't posted any pictures yet. But I will soon. :thumbup:
It took about 6 weeks to get my free embroidery machine after I mailed in the form, so I would think you should be getting yours soon. Did you get an e-mail confirmation after you mailed it in saying that they had received it? I got the e-mail about a week after I mailed it.

I really do LOVE my QC-1000 as well, it is such a smooth machine and a delight to FMQ on.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by ania755
:lol: You are one lucky girl....
What a great room too....
Enjoy :thumbup:
:D Thanks, I'm the "he" over there in that pic. <--- :D
Old 12-12-2009, 02:44 PM

LMBO.

Oh those poor new girls to the forum who have yet to learn of your talents and that your a 'he'.

Eddie, I am so happy for you. You will have so much fun and no doubt will start showing us some lovely and artistic embroidery items.

Can't wait to see them.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:58 PM

The QC-1000 retails for about $2,800, I believe, and the dealer I bought it at had it on sale for $1,000 off that, so was $1,800. They gave me a good trade-in on the machine I traded in, so final price was $1,300. And then brother had the rebate on the free embroidery machine which retails for $499. So it was a good deal! This rebate ended back in October, so I'm not sure if they're going to do another one.[/quote]

Wow.. you did get a deal!! I will have to save my pennies though.. & I need a room before I spend that much on a nicer upgrade. You really "jumped in" with all 4 feet when you started quilting ( or joined this group, I guess I should say). Wish I had your talent.. & I have been quilting a good long time. I use to sit at my Momma's feet & watch as she'd cut fabric, clothing, whatever she could get her hands on and then she'd sew the pieces together on her treddle machine and create the most colorful things I ever imagined.. all were just scrappy quilts.. she loved the mix of color!.....ok.. sorry.. got lost in history there for a minute.. but very fond memories and I'm about the only one out or 8 kids (5 girls) that carries this tradition on.
Can't wait to see more of your 'creations'!!
Old 12-13-2009, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by Eddie
Originally Posted by ania755
:lol: You are one lucky girl....
What a great room too....
Enjoy :thumbup:
:D Thanks, I'm the "he" over there in that pic. <--- :D
:thumbup: Never mind...Even though you are still very lucky... :lol: