Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Another Quilt quilted >

Another Quilt quilted

Another Quilt quilted

Old 02-19-2011, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Nice quilt! What is Project Warmth?
Project Warmth is something we do thru or Guild. They get donations of fabrics and battings, and then guild members make quilts of many different sizes. Then someone else in the Guild takes them and quilts them up, and another person will bind them.
After they are completed they are given to people for many different needs some of what include; Fire Victims, Pediatric unit at the hospital, Cancer patient, WAVI, The Childrens Home, Some were given to a Soldiers family from the area that died serving in Iraq. I know there are a few more. Last year I believe it was a little over 270 quilts that were given out thru the guild.
Old 02-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jagsd3
Project Warmth is something we do thru or Guild. They get donations of fabrics and battings, and then guild members make quilts of many different sizes. Then someone else in the Guild takes them and quilts them up, and another person will bind them.
After they are completed they are given to people for many different needs some of what include; Fire Victims, Pediatric unit at the hospital, Cancer patient, WAVI, The Childrens Home, Some were given to a Soldiers family from the area that died serving in Iraq. I know there are a few more. Last year I believe it was a little over 270 quilts that were given out thru the guild.
That's a lot of quilts! How big is your guild?
Old 03-03-2011, 06:10 AM

Their is over two hundered members I believe, but normally not that many at the meetings.

Originally Posted by Jagsd3
That's a lot of quilts! How big is your guild?
Old 03-03-2011, 08:04 AM
Power Poster

Okay--our guild has only 25 so would be a huge project for us. We will stick to our 1 quilt a year, but we are looking to do more. Made pillowcases dresses this year to go to Haiti.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:03 AM

I would have to do some checking to find out for sure ,but believe ours just started small and grew from there.
I would suggest picking one particular group. Whether it would be like "fire victims", our group gives them out to families that have suffered a house fire and have nothing left.
OR like WAVI (Women Against Violence) they are given as people arrive as something to be their own, quite often they come with just what they have on.

OR the "Children's Home"- they do like theirs a particular size because they are easier for the children to make their own beds, but then again it is something they get to keep and call their own.

I am a True Believer In "One"(Even 1 helps)can make a difference....
Old 03-04-2011, 07:37 AM
Power Poster

I am a True Believer In "One"(Even 1 helps)can make a difference....

This is so true. My DIL's mother just became a foster mom to a 17 year old who's mother to an 18 month old. DIL knew I had a little quilt to give away and asked if I could send it to the young family. The young mom was so grateful for her little boy to have a blanket of his own; and I felt so good sending it on. Foster care is also a place to donate.