Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Anyone Need a Sewing Machine...........LOL >

Anyone Need a Sewing Machine...........LOL

Anyone Need a Sewing Machine...........LOL

Old 10-01-2010, 12:34 AM

Billy, I don't need a machine, but I do need a shuttle and a bobbin for a 1901 Singer treadle.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:11 AM

Very nice!!!
Old 10-01-2010, 09:03 PM
Power Poster

wow. That is some collection.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Dee

What a beautiful collection. You can send one my way any time. LOL. Can't wait to see the rest of the collection.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:16 PM
Bev

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Well it was getting a little crowded in the studio with all of my machines and then the customers machines and treadles so I built the second section of my wall unit. Now that wall is finished and after I do the addition to the studio and free up more real estate I will build the other sections.

But all of the machines I have in the shelves are mine that I use in the studio and there are even a couple more that I don't have in the picture. Yes I have a bunch that I can use LOL!! :lol:
And this doesn't even touch what I have in my collection that I will not use because I don't want to hurt the decals and finish.
Billy
Billy:
I have a very small Singer machine similar to the one you have way down at the bottom(left). My DFIL, many, many years ago was a hatmaker in NY. When he died, in 1982, I sort of inherited the machine. I'd like to know more about it. Is there someplace I can find out about it? I can't figure out how it was used, it looks like it might have to be connected to another machine. Do you know if that's true? Also, how did you get it so spiffy looking? Do you use a special polish on the finish?
Thanks.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bev
Billy:
I have a very small Singer machine similar to the one you have way down at the bottom(left). My DFIL, many, many years ago was a hatmaker in NY. When he died, in 1982, I sort of inherited the machine. I'd like to know more about it. Is there someplace I can find out about it? I can't figure out how it was used, it looks like it might have to be connected to another machine. Do you know if that's true? Also, how did you get it so spiffy looking? Do you use a special polish on the finish?
Thanks.
Bev that is a Singer Model 24 and it need to be mounted to a plank so I can use it in my central treadle in the studio. But it is a treadle powered machine and it is a chain stitch machine. It does not need a bobbin to make a stitch just a top spool.

The machine was a total wreck when I got it and locked up. I had to do a total repaint on it and I powder coated the silver items to keep from having to replate them. I will post some before and after photos of it for you.

Billy

Before
[ATTACH=CONFIG]102682[/ATTACH]

After
[ATTACH=CONFIG]102683[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-102677.jpe   attachment-102678.jpe  
Old 10-04-2010, 08:20 PM

Beautiful display.
Old 10-05-2010, 06:25 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Originally Posted by Bev
Billy:
Thanks.
Bev that is a Singer Model 24 and it need to be mounted to a plank so I can use it in my central treadle in the studio. But it is a treadle powered machine and it is a chain stitch machine. It does not need a bobbin to make a stitch just a top spool.

The machine was a total wreck when I got it and locked up. I had to do a total repaint on it and I powder coated the silver items to keep from having to replate them. I will post some before and after photos of it for you.

Billy
Thanks Billy, for all your help. My little Singer looks much better, right now, than yours did before you overhauled it. Also, mine has little Daisy flowers across the top and down the sides. I can see some Daisys around the circular stand at the bottom too. But most have worn off on the front. When I turn the machine around the Daisys are very clear and cover the half circle there.
The serial # is AA498580 and another # that is on it, below the serial #, and on a plate is 24-7
Again, thanks.

8-)
Old 10-05-2010, 07:23 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bev
Thanks Billy, for all your help. My little Singer looks much better, right now, than yours did before you overhauled it. Also, mine has little Daisy flowers across the top and down the sides. I can see some Daisys around the circular stand at the bottom too. But most have worn off on the front. When I turn the machine around the Daisys are very clear and cover the half circle there.
The serial # is AA498580 and another # that is on it, below the serial #, and on a plate is 24-7
Again, thanks.

8-)
That is a very significant machine just from the history of it but it is even more significant from the production figures and where it falls in them. The machine is a Model 24 with only 1000 of them made on that run on June 2 1925. Now your serial number puts it less than 400 from the end.

You have a VERY special machine in your possession indeed!!

Billy
Old 10-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Bev

[quote=Lostn51]
Originally Posted by Bev
Again, thanks.

8-)[/qu

That is a very significant machine just from the history of it but it is even more significant from the production figures and
where it falls in them. The machine is a Model 24 with only 1000 of them made on that run on June 2 1925. Now your serial number puts it less than 400 from the end.
You have a VERY special machine in your possession indeed!!Billy
I'm so glad to have all of this information about it. I've wondered for years about the age, etc. That makes the little sweetie even more special.
If I can ever get a picture of it I'll post it for you and anyone else who might be interested.

8-)