Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
The barn quilt top is done.  Page 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

The barn quilt top is done. Page 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The barn quilt top is done. Page 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-03-2008, 05:06 PM

Oh Diamond--I'm so sorry about your goat. :cry: Minda--I hope all goes well with your furry friend. :(

I know how you all feel about your animals because every time I walk into the barn and see my horses, my heart swells. Everyime I have a headache and walk into my barn--I'm pain free. I don't know what it is--can't explain it, but I know I need them.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:26 PM

WOW!!!! You are wonderful~ I love the barns with the evergreens, I used to really be into photography and barns were my favorite. And I am working on a friendship quilt with a freind of mine and started a block which I didn't cut enough pieces to make to but I got a great idea from your set in horses patch, thank you!
Old 01-05-2008, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Diamonds
Nubians are just bigger and just as friendly.. Also great for milking... It is true goats can be house trained...
I had a lovely Nubian years ago, Finally had to get rid of her because my ex just could not deal with her habit of dancing on pickup trucks. It came down to the new truck or her. I never let goats in the house, but one time my ex left window open (too early spring for screens - surprised me to wake up to chickens all over the house, roosting on the shower curatin rod, and having a great hen party.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:36 PM

Barnbum!!! Love your barn quilt!! If I had to make one with all my horses and ponies I would have one big enough to cover the house much less the bed!! :lol: I love how you did the pictures. I have never copied on fabric before. Got the stuff, not the nerve! :lol: I know how you feel about the barn. I feel more alive down with my animals then in the house. All ailments seem to go away down there. Also know how everyone feels about their animals. I have chickens older then dirt and I feel bad when we lose one of them.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:18 PM

Thanks Loid-nounoe! Sounds like we could be good friends. :D I could not fit all my horses on here--there's one missing. I had to go with squareish photos--but was pleased to get as many as I did.

I had to tease you all and show you my progress--ready? Here are the trees (so far)!! :lol: :lol:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-56268.jpe  
Old 01-05-2008, 07:43 PM

Obviously, sewn together is more fun to look at, but it's exciting to see it at the cut up stage too, imagining the next step!
Old 01-05-2008, 09:07 PM

Oh they are too cute! I love the red plaids for the barns too!
Old 01-05-2008, 09:20 PM

hey barn, nice trees :roll:
Old 01-06-2008, 05:03 AM

But nanabirdmo--they took such a loooooonnnggg time (add whine inflection) and some said they wanted to it this quilt in progress. :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 01-06-2008, 05:34 PM

Isn't it great that we can take all those itty bitty pieces and sew them all together to make a work of art? :-) That's why I like the counted cross stitch too. You have a blank piece of fabric and with all the bits and pieces of thread (that don't go on the floor or elsewhere?) and wind up with a picture! Burnbum, how durable are the pics and just how did you do them? I have lots of mags that have the directions but I like verification from someone who has actually done it.