Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
The barn quilt top is done.  Page 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

The barn quilt top is done. Page 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The barn quilt top is done. Page 10!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 02-08-2008, 05:23 PM

Well...it's done. (panting smiley needed) Of course, not without troubles. First, I added a 2" spacer to the bottom to make everything work out (HOW did that happen?). Then I held the bottom border of squares up to the middle section and saw it matched in length perfectly, so I whipped that baby on. Bad idea. Once I got to the end--it no longer fit. RATS! I gave myself a talking to. Sounded something like this: "Karla! If you want this thing to work out--then pin the gol darn border on!" Fortunately I listened. I tore it out, pinned it and resewed; it came out perfectly. :wink: Then, having learned an important lesson, I pinned both side borders on, and everything matched so nicely. (dancing smiley needed) After the last stitch was made, I eagerly clipped the thread, pulled the pins, held it up for my daughter and husband to see, ironed it, laid it out for me to see.... and saw an error. (smiley banging head against a brick wall needed) Daughter ran in to see if she could find it. She couldn't. but the top left corner log cabin square had a green edge, not the required blue. (HOW did THAT happen?) :shock: Without hesitating, well, after dinner :lol: , I ripped out the corner square and replaced it with the appropriate block. Then daughter held it up so I could take a picture for you.

Edited to add: I really liked the look of all 7s in the same direction, but I figured after making the log cabin squares I wanted them to work their magic by turning them. Besides, both my husband and daughter liked this option best--and hubby doesn't offer an opinion very often. :wink:

It's done.

The quilting plan will be up to my quilter friend--she'll know exactly what to do (I don't have a clue). The binding will be a scrappy one of dark blue and green--not too scrappy--maybe just the two colors.

It's done. This post is now complete. :wink:

Thank you for everything. (smiley kissing another's cheek needed)

Two pictures because one has the best picture of the quilt--color wise, the other shows my home-for-the-weekend college girl's socks. :lol:

Attached Thumbnails attachment-21571.jpe   attachment-51820.jpe  
Old 02-08-2008, 05:28 PM

WELL DONE!!!! Now just pack it and that foal into a box and send it directly to me!!! :D Then you can get started onto a NEW project! 8)
Old 02-08-2008, 05:30 PM

Karla,
It's GORGEOUS!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
I love the border you decided on. This was such a fun thread - to be able to check in and see how it was coming along. Thanks for including us. :D :D :D
Old 02-08-2008, 05:39 PM

Lois--that pretty filly is leaving in July. :( I have loved her since the moment I first saw her (I helped deliver her). She was for sale for months, but I took her off the sale list becuase I just wanted to spend more time with her. But, I have to let logic rule in order to stick to my goals. The good news is the wonderful family who bought Claire--my other 2007 filly--want Rosie, so she'll be going to a great place. They have 6 home schooled kids who spend tons of time with their horses. They need time to save the money, so I'll have time to let my heart adjust. July will come quickly.

There will be 2 more foals in 2009--so if you all want me to include you in on THAT project--I'll start a thread when it's getting close--say about April 20th, 2009. :wink:
Old 02-08-2008, 05:59 PM

Barnbum: Beautiful quilt, A job well done, Bravo,,,,,,Stand up and take a Bough. Great watching this (Novel unfold) and the ending was better then perfect.
Old 02-08-2008, 06:08 PM

Absolutely wonderful quilt top & ya just gotta love those sox!
Old 02-08-2008, 06:16 PM

It turned out just perfect!!! Such talent and dedication, I'm soo impressed. Thanks for letting us watch you work!! Don't forget to post that one more...its quilted and bound pic, ok?
Old 02-08-2008, 06:23 PM

Yahooooooooooooo! It's awesome! Great job!

M
Old 02-08-2008, 07:50 PM

Barnbum - I CAN'T WAIT for the next novel. April, huh? Maybe we could see a picture of the mama & papa now?

BTW - the quilt is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:25 PM

Wow! What a quilt. You did a beautiful job and it is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing