Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Can We Have An Quilt Show/Contest?  I Have A Winner!! >

Can We Have An Quilt Show/Contest? I Have A Winner!!

Can We Have An Quilt Show/Contest? I Have A Winner!!

Old 08-30-2015, 11:44 AM

kassundra, thanks for sharing yours!! We all have those projects we "learned from" and hopefully others will share theirs too! I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but some are just harder to look at! But Manulto may be right, most on this board may be reluctant to agree or make a comment that seems negative. It have pretty thick skin and can usually laugh at my quilting "failures".
Old 08-30-2015, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
kassundra, thanks for sharing yours!! We all have those projects we "learned from" and hopefully others will share theirs too! I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but some are just harder to look at! But Manulto may be right, most on this board may be reluctant to agree or make a comment that seems negative. It have pretty thick skin and can usually laugh at my quilting "failures".
I just noticed we are neighbors.
Old 08-30-2015, 12:51 PM
Power Poster

OK Jeanne, here you go and I definitely think this one will give a run for the award. I call it "Technicolor vomit". Maybe some child will like all the bright colors. It wasn't a total loss as I did have fun making it but boy is it ugly. It will be a while before I quilt it. I keep hoping it will grow on me, but it only seems to grow on me like mold on cheese I have kept too long.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]529268[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc05425.jpg  
Old 08-30-2015, 01:01 PM

That is NOT and ugly quilt, black makes it striking and many would love it.
Old 08-30-2015, 01:34 PM

I have seen few quilts I thought were ugly. These don't even come close to qualifying. I can see a charm and beauty in each one, so far.......Come on someone, post a real ugly quilt!!!!!!!
Old 08-30-2015, 02:55 PM

I think I have you all beat...I just showed this one to my husband after he was saying that I'd never made an ugly quilt...he took one look and said that is awful...why did you do that? I must have erased that thing from my memory...did you want it to look like that? (You must know that he is very supportive but also loves symmetry and balance in all things both missing in this bright baby quilt.) It was fun to make as I just threw all caution out as I strip pieced (no foundation) to the crayon scribbled animal blocks at the center. And, no, I would not make another just like it...I would at least use a foundation and probably subtler fabrics.
Attached Thumbnails wild-animals.jpg  
Old 08-30-2015, 03:04 PM

I really like some of these "ugly" quilts - and I'm not just being nice! they look cheerful to me.
Old 08-30-2015, 04:00 PM

Feline Fanatic, I LOVE your "technicolor vomit " name, although I do think it is lots cuter than mine!! Koriana, maybe you have tied me for the winner so far!!! LOL! Seems the thing we all have in common so far is some bright, clashing colors---maybe that is what grates on us???
Old 08-30-2015, 04:09 PM

Koriana, I think you and I are tied right now. Are you an Anne McCaffrey fan? (the name koriana)
Old 08-30-2015, 05:39 PM

That second strip did make me wonder if my dinner cocktail was a little stronger than usual!