Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Chain Reaction - Final Pic on Page 6

Patrice, WOW, that is beautiful! Love the quilting. Great job!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jacquemoe
    Wow. I just started my DIC and it's nothing like yours. I only have 3 colors. You sure have done a lot of work on that and I like your colors better. NICE!
    many thanks to you (and all) for the compliments

3 colors + 1 background = triple irish chain, so give yourself a little more credit. :P

having seen your work, i already KNOW yours is going to be gorgeous. the quilt in your avatar stands well above anything i've made so far.

i don't have a "thumbs up" emoticon, or there would be about a dozen of them right here. :wink:

I agree! That light square around the edges of the white in the center really softens the look. What a beautiful quilt. Think I would keep it rather than section it off. What a shame. Did you hand or machine quilt the center blocks? Great job either way.

Blog Entries
    i am actually quite happy to use the blocks to make three over-sized laps instead of one bigger-than-california king. for one thing ... way easier to sandwich and quilt. also, i can now play around with the arrangement; experiment with different borders; the quilts will coordinate, but no two will be exactly alike.

i dont' know yet what i'll do to #2 and #3, but this one will be finished with a combination of machine quilting (the centers), hand quilting (diagonals around the centers), and the back-stitch tie method to secure the chains.

i still can't freemotion worth a plugged nickel so i pre-quilted the centers before i assembled the blocks.

Awesome Patrice! :thumbup: They will be so thrilled to get their lap quilts!
    I am bowing & scraping at your feet! lol

Blog Entries
    i wouldn't go that far.

of course, i don't mind at all if YOU do. :mrgreen: :lol:

Hey Patrice, looks like a little black pattern mixed in with the red, but I can't really tell. I think it's interesting how you use color values of such drastically different degrees, it adds a richness that would otherwise be missing.

What a great job!
    ~Tiffany

Blog Entries
    thanks, both :-)

there's no black in the quilt, steve. the two floral reds are from the moda mistletoe manor line. (say that fast five times). the third red is something called "French Clay". that was a lucky find at joann's. it blends well with either reds or oranges. the others are all from you-know-where.

Patrice, you have out done us wow-wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :thumbup: :thumbup:

I love this quilt all my favorite colors in a beautiful quilt. You did a awesome job and I love the quilting tooo.

where the navy sends us, for now its Lansing MI
    WOW.. that looks super.. great job!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by estherblair
    Patrice, you have out done us wow-wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :thumbup: :thumbup:
    i'll accept your compliment with gladness, greed and a peck or two of too much pride. :mrgreen:

BUT i haven't outdone anybody. heck. i feel fortunate to just keep up! :wink:

This one keeps coming back in my dreams; just what voodoo did you vex me with gal? Could you maybe please post instructions so I could simply gander, scratch the balding, and leave it be after the notion of maybe? Yikes, it is an amazing piece (in my noggin anywho)! :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    I love it!!

That's awesome!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    Could you maybe please post instructions so I could simply gander, scratch the balding, and leave it be after the notion of maybe? Yikes, it is an amazing piece (in my noggin anywho)! :thumbup:
    errrrr, ummmm .... hmmmmm .... how can i put this? i have already been offered money for the instructions for this one, so it's on my list for an e-book.

the Irish Chain is in the public domain. i'd encourage anybody who wants to disect, figure and copy this version on their own to ...by all means ... do so. if you want instructions, though, i'm afraid we'll have to negotiate a price by pm. since the e-book isn't even started, "advance customers" would get abridged versions, tailored to the finished size they're shooting for, the size squares they're comfortable working with, fabric estimates, step-by-step illustrations, etc. at a significant discount, since i'd use whatever i developed for you as a section in the final e-book.

in most ways, it's easier than it looks. in others ... well ... there were one or two things that drove me over the edge. :lol:

lin
    You do such beautiful work Patrice!!! I'm thinkin' you're an extremely good machine quilter. I love the pattern you used for the centers. I hope you do really well with your e-book.

I wouldn't want to attempt a "larger than California King" on my machine either. That sounds HUGE. My son's was big enough thankyouverymuch. LOL

You're an inspiration to us all Patrice. :thumbup:

Lovely....and another great job................but.........can you say that three times fast? :wink:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lin
    You do such beautiful work Patrice!!! I'm thinkin' you're an extremely good machine quilter.
    I wouldn't want to attempt a "larger than California King" on my machine either. That sounds HUGE. My son's was big enough thankyouverymuch. LOL

You're an inspiration to us all Patrice. :thumbup:
    my machine quilting stinks out loud. :lol: i pre-quilted the centers before assembling the top. that way, i didn't have to freemotion.

lucky for me, my nieced said she'd prefer more than one smaller than the one humongoid quilt. i'll get at least three big laps. whew!!! dodged that bullet. :lol:

lin
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriceJ
    my machine quilting stinks out loud. :lol: i pre-quilted the centers before assembling the top. that way, i didn't have to freemotion.
    BAH! I've seen the picture (you and I are looking at that same picture, right? :D ) and I see the words "I" and "quilted" in the second sentence. So again, I'm thinkin' you're an extremely good quilter. :mrgreen:

I've done a few quilt-as-you-go on my machine, and I admit it's easier than muscling the whole thing under the needle, and I often use stencils to sew by, but that doesn't change the fact that your stitching is really good!

How 'bout I just continue to let you inspire me? :wink: :wink:

Oh wow, that is beautiful and such great fabrics.

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!! Your quilt is beautiful!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lin
    How 'bout I just continue to let you inspire me? :wink: :wink:
    well .... if you absolutely insist. :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen:

that is fantastic - what size strips did ya start with?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast