Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Colorful Quilt - any ideas for quilting? >

Colorful Quilt - any ideas for quilting?

Colorful Quilt - any ideas for quilting?

Old 07-13-2010, 03:43 PM

an all over pattern would be nice/ w the verigated thread..Do you do pantos?.....
Old 07-14-2010, 04:23 AM

katier825
I will be adding the washable to my list of supplies, would like to try that method, thanks.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:29 AM

Great job. To me it appears to be looking through a lattice flower garden. I think free motion butterflies would look great.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by Debka
This is my latest top, which I am ready to begin quilting. I don't have a longarm, but I don't want to just quilt in the ditch, which I often do. I purchased a roll of a stick on pattern to quilt through, sort of a meandering pattern, but have never tried this kind of product. Any advice, if I try it? (I would try it on some other samples first.) What kind of thread should I use, since there are so many colors in the quilt? Or, any other quilting ideas out there?? Unfortunately, the quilting is not my fav part, but I like to finish everything myself.
I don't know but stitching in the ditch might be very interesting on this pattern. It would be a nice geometric pattern on the back. I'd use an invisible thread with all of the different colors you have or you could find a multi-colored thread which brings all of your colors into play.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:25 AM

Very colorful! Love it
Old 07-14-2010, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Lillie
Great job. To me it appears to be looking through a lattice flower garden. I think free motion butterflies would look great.
That sounds really pretty!
Old 07-14-2010, 08:00 AM

I find a light gray or tan seems not to show. Your quilt is pretty and colorful
Old 07-14-2010, 08:14 AM

Great quilt! I love the colors! I too thought of something rather circular. Since you are a beginner, how about an arc on both sides of the small strip, running from one end to the other of the strip. (Hope I am explaining this all right)
You could probably keep sewing for along time without stopping. It would end up looking like flower petals with the strip down the middle of the petals, since you would have an arc on each side. Would make an interesting secondary pattern. Can you picture that from my
description. And you may be able to stablize the quilt first by doing a stich in the ditch down the middle... top to bottom, and side to side, if you wanted.
Or... maybe it would be better to start in the middle, and go to the edge with a line of arcs... same idea as straight quilting, but use the arcs. Then you could go back and do a long line of quilting on the other rows to finish the quilt. Am I making any sense? I can see it in my head, but trying to write it down is hard! LOL
Old 07-14-2010, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Debka
This is my latest top, which I am ready to begin quilting. I don't have a longarm, but I don't want to just quilt in the ditch, which I often do. I purchased a roll of a stick on pattern to quilt through, sort of a meandering pattern, but have never tried this kind of product. Any advice, if I try it? (I would try it on some other samples first.) What kind of thread should I use, since there are so many colors in the quilt? Or, any other quilting ideas out there?? Unfortunately, the quilting is not my fav part, but I like to finish everything myself.
Hi Debka-
I like the top a lot, very happy n scrappy!

I'd probably use a medium colored thread- dove grey or camel tan.

I like the idea of curves, like spirals on each block.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:30 AM

I love the pattern. It's actually one that's in my pile of "what to do next". I think meandering with a cream thread would like nice.