Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Creative Storage! >

Creative Storage!

Creative Storage!

Old 09-03-2010, 10:45 AM

That is so cute!! :-)
Old 09-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Power Poster

That is so cute. Lucky you. And what a fun way to store fabric.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by hobo2000
I have a friend who lives in a tiny apt. in a 140 yr old house. No closets. She quilts. Guess where her huge stash is? Reds are under sons mattress, blues & greens under sis's mattress and the rest are under her mattress. Now she has Purchased those shoe things that slide under the beds they hold FQ's and thread etc. She made adorable hassocks out of heavy cardboard boxes, covered with fabric, pillow on top. Open uP and there are her magazines and books. A rolling cart with her sewing machine stores under her kitchen table. She makes huge quilts for architectural firms for lobbies of big new buildings to support herself and 3 kids. She does quite well.
I have antique suitcase set of three. I have a coke cooler on wheels (DH collects coke stuff) it has my files in it. They fit just like in a filing cabinet. I love old cabinets - I have 2 pie safes and a cabinet that looks like it was on the top of a Hoosier type kitchen cabinet. I have one that is a set of drawers. I have 4 tin picnic baskets from the 40s that I store some of my chickens and candles in. I collect tins so I have 3 huge Oil drum tins that hold all my candle holders. I have 4 large wicker picnic baskets - one has paint bottles brushes etc in it another one holds our blow up vinyl mattress the other one sitting beside it holds the air pump. in the bathroom I have all the bathroom paraphanaliia - bandaids lotions hair dryer etc in two picnic baskets and I have two little wicker baskets on top of my med cabinet which is a wooden box that I attached a wood clock as a door on. the little baskets one holds toothbrushes up out of Zach's reach and the other my hairbands and clips. the med cabinet doesn't have meds in it (those are in a wooden cabinet high on the wall in our bedroom above the reach of kids) it has DHs lotion mouthwash powder deodorant etc.

Where there is a will there is a way! I eventually find room for it all. I am always looking for new ways to store stuff.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:14 PM

I just tried the mattress bit as I have company coming in tonight, it is great. We have Select comfort bed so the mattress is easy to lift. I laid everything out flat that I have been working on, put the mattress back and laid down on it. You cannot tell and I have at least 15 yards of fabric under there. Great Idea. When my boys were young, I would hide their Christmas gifts clothes-wise under their mattress as they were snoopers. They never found them but I never made the connection to hiding fabric until now. Duh!
Old 09-03-2010, 04:22 PM

That is adorable!
Old 09-04-2010, 04:44 AM

Neat...it looks like it is in pretty good shape.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sandy65
Neat...it looks like it is in pretty good shape.
Other than one wheel missing which I can fix it is in great shape. My mom and I collect baskets of all kinds. She has a room in the basement that is full of our baskets! I had to start hanging them as there were so many. We don't pick them up now unless they are unique and really nice. But it is fun and good to have them for when you want to decorate with them.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:20 AM

That's adorable!
Old 09-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Power Poster

that is so adorable! I bet it's just my size...course I will be needing that wheel repaired, Rhonda...thanks :mrgreen:
Old 09-04-2010, 02:00 PM

Rhonda, see if you can find someone that can weave on from basket materials. It would look great! It sure is cute....