Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Crocheted Fleece >

Crocheted Fleece

Crocheted Fleece

Old 01-26-2011, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by GrammaBabs
i will try to post a picture of something i made for a dear friend this christmas.... a boy scout fleece pannel with crochet border...
i've made many of these, somtimes by just making a "tiny" hole with very small sissors, but that's not really uniform. this time i used a 1/16" hole punch..(yes it worked thru the fabric).... spaced them about half to three quarters of an inch.. all around (be sure to make holes at least 1" in.. this allows the fleece to curl and fold over a bit as you work)..using anything from a G to an I crocht hook
i do the 1st row with SC, chain 1 or 2 or 3 between holes... (this depends on size of yarn and hook as to the number of chains, as well as what the second row or pattern is going to be).. in the corner.. i would co SC,ch2,SC this gives a nice sharp turn... if doing a straight edge, i make one last row of "ric rack" crochet (or known as backwards crochet)... use a size smaller hook, for some reason this works.. but makes a nice looking solid edge...
hope this helps..
I do crochet do I may sound a little stupid here...how to start the actual crochet. What are you "hooking" onto to start the actual crochet?
Old 01-26-2011, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Japonica
i will try to post a picture of something i made for a dear friend this christmas.... a boy scout fleece pannel with crochet border...
i've made many of these, somtimes by just making a "tiny" hole with very small sissors, but that's not really uniform. this time i used a 1/16" hole punch..(yes it worked thru the fabric).... spaced them about half to three quarters of an inch.. all around (be sure to make holes at least 1" in.. this allows the fleece to curl and fold over a bit as you work)..using anything from a G to an I crocht hook
i do the 1st row with SC, chain 1 or 2 or 3 between holes... (this depends on size of yarn and hook as to the number of chains, as well as what the second row or pattern is going to be).. in the corner.. i would co SC,ch2,SC this gives a nice sharp turn... if doing a straight edge, i make one last row of "ric rack" crochet (or known as backwards crochet)... use a size smaller hook, for some reason this works.. but makes a nice looking solid edge...
hope this helps..
I do crochet do I may sound a little stupid here...how to start the actual crochet. What are you "hooking" onto to start the actual crochet?
I just went on youtube and found a great tutorial based on what you shared. Thanks so much. Here is the site:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO3Jye7HIr8
Old 01-26-2011, 10:55 AM

people are using a piece of Fleece Fabric.. cut to the size they want, and then do the "crochet" technique to border or "edge" around it... it's especially nice for little boys, that you don't want to be all "frilly" with...
Originally Posted by Japonica
hope this helps..
Old 01-26-2011, 11:55 AM

awwww.. why didn't i think of that.... i LOVE youtube... can sit for hours... i'm retired and have spent my whole life have to figure out "how to's" because i didn't have the tools... this is great!! thank you!!