Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Deb's COmpass Centere Quilt Retreat >

Deb's COmpass Centere Quilt Retreat

Deb's COmpass Centere Quilt Retreat

Old 08-23-2010, 06:38 PM

I am so jealous too, I used to have a group I quilted with and they folded,I miss it very much. Now just quilt by my self, I was so blessed to have this site to inspire and encourage me to continue. Thanks for posting and for all who do. I know many at home quilters are look forward to the post.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Power Poster

Granbury, Tx?? know a blond lady named Keller by any chance? She's a friend of mine!! doesn't quilt though. so sad.
Old 08-23-2010, 06:50 PM

Retreats are soooo much fun....I belong to the Indiana State Quilters Guild and we do a winter one (Shipshewanna or Brown County) summer one At the Quilters Hall of Fame weekend. Both are fun... Also we go to Camp Mack...for another club I belong to. Thanks for posting pictures so nice.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:00 PM

For those of you that have never been to the Compass Centre. Melissa started this retreat in o5 or 06 its hard to remember now. All the fabric for the quilts on all the bed came from her stach. Some of her quilting buddies made the quilt for all the bed. Since the opening the Retreat has pretty much been sold out every weekend. All the walls in the bed room and down the 2 halls have quilts. If I knew how to down load pic on here I could show you some of the changes the Centre has gone through. and more of the quilts When it first open where the store is used to be melissa office. Then she started getting the fabric about 3 years ago.
She has so much fabric you don't have to head into Waco if you forgot a piece for a project.
So with all that said its the Best place to go for a retreat. Try and go you will want to live there. My first time we stay from a thur to a wed we didn't want to leave. We only left because we need our meds.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:40 PM

Here's some of the quilts thata go down the hallway.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-103199.jpe   attachment-103251.jpe   attachment-103252.jpe   attachment-103253.jpe   attachment-103254.jpe  

Old 08-23-2010, 08:46 PM

She also sells kits for all the quitls she hangs around the retreat. Not to mention the ones in the bathrooms. dining room, etc. YOu won't want to leave like Texas granny said. Thanks for sharing Texasgranny. She said she is getting ready to have an online store soon. It is in the works. SHe is a busy lady. And her staff is wonderful too. And REx the dog nad Black kitty
Old 08-23-2010, 09:18 PM

LOVE the fabric bowl and the blue batik star quilt is gorgeous!
Old 08-23-2010, 09:28 PM

Oh I wish I was there, it looks like you had the most fun ever!! Aaahh....someday I will get to go on a retreat, but until it's my turn I am so happy to look at all the photos and see the sisterhood (or family connection, for our male quilters) of quilters.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:33 PM

Looks like you had a grand time. Can't wait for my retreat in October to Tillamook.
Old 08-24-2010, 02:38 AM

What great pics. Don't you just love retreats. I go on one in the Fall and then one in the Spring-the highlights of my year.
Wonderful projects!