Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Diaper bag >

Diaper bag

Diaper bag

Old 10-30-2011, 12:48 PM

Congrats!
Originally Posted by mmdquilts
What a beautiful bag! I will have to make one for my youngest daughter who just found out she is expecting!
Old 10-30-2011, 02:51 PM

[quote=Charleen DiSante]Thanks, I like your idea for the pocket! When attaching the velcro, I wonder about it sticking to everything else. Have you ever used the rubber sheeting and sewn a backing of flannel on it? Wondering how that would wash up. I often pick up a remnant of this at Joann's and if it's close to a yard I can get two small pads out of it. [quote=watson's mom]Love your diaper bag, very nice colours. Wish I could find some coloured velcro in Canada. Thank you for sharing.

Hi Charleen...I have never tried to use any rubber sheeting, I would be afraid it would melt in my dryer. You did make me think that maybe two change pads would be better in case one gets soiled while away from home. I am going to make one very soon for my friend's daughter and I will be making an extra pad for hers.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:57 PM

Just perfect !!
Old 10-30-2011, 03:00 PM

How beautiful, reminds me of the Vera Bradley ones. I recently noticed that section in one of the larger joanns. They had a great selection of baby supply making - akward wording but they had stuff for diaper making and bibs etc.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:20 PM

Hehe, yes, it is hard to say that. Thanks. And Watson's mom had a neat reply about making a second changing pad, thanks for that one Watson's mom! Oh, and I don't think it's supposed to melt but I'll check the manufacturers info if I make one.
Originally Posted by EmbQuilt
How beautiful, reminds me of the Vera Bradley ones. I recently noticed that section in one of the larger joanns. They had a great selection of baby supply making - akward wording but they had stuff for diaper making and bibs etc.
Old 10-30-2011, 03:55 PM

[quote=Charleen DiSante]Hehe, yes, it is hard to say that. Thanks. And Watson's mom had a neat reply about making a second changing pad, thanks for that one Watson's mom! Oh, and I don't think it's supposed to melt but I'll check the manufacturers info if I make one.
[
I would be interested to know what you find out about the rubber inserts. Please PM me if you get an answer. Thanks for posting this, I would never have thought about a second pad if you hadn't.