Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: different people different taste

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    How wonderful !!!! Very pretty on all ...
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

all are lovely. Your aunt got a gem!

Blog Entries
    They are both quite pretty, and your auntie, too!

I especially love #1, your two sided design is well thought out.

I like #2 quite well, also. It's more "arty", and very charming.

I'd like to try making them both!

Know what you mean by saying, not too fond of....made some charity lap quilts and didn't care for them....time has passed and now, I like them so much I don't want to give them up...lol. Well, I shall donate them, as that is the charitable thing to do, BT w, I love your quilts.

I like both quilts, too! I'm afraid to say, I still have a couple of UFOs - I'm envious that you finished your quilts
    Katie

Kindness matters . . .

Simply wonderful quilts and happy endings - thank you.

I'll take the next one you don't like...lol. I love both of them!
    Linda

What a great feeling that those quilts were so WANTED and loved . That's terrific that they are going to homes where they will be greatly enjoyed. I like them both.

quilts are like giving away love...all the creativity and work you put in to it is a measure of that. What a nice story
    Happy Stitching! Kim

More gorgeous scrappies.

Blog Entries
    Great use of scraps... Nice job on all of them,

They are all beautiful. I make lots of scrappy quilts. I try to give my quils to someone I think needs a quilt. I can make them faster than I can find someone for them. All my kids, Grands and Great Grands have several. I have 35 or more quilts waiting for homes. People I don't know have some of my quilts. So far everyone loves them except for my other Granddaughter. I only have two Granddaughters, one loves them this one doesn't, she has several but doesn't use them.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Yes,when I feel moved to do something I don't see as my normal thing,someone benefits.I drag things home from the auctions all the time that I have no logical reason to bid on.And low and behold someone needs what I drug home.Could be a coffee pot,toaster,maybe a box of sheets.The best one was a lounge chair I let the auctioneer talk me into for$2.00.Well when I got home,my sis had left a message on my machine asking me to look for a loungechair for her hushband .He was dying of cancer and couldn't sleep in bed any longer.I just about fell over.I had it in the back of my car.Oh happy day!!!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KLTQuilts View Post
    I like both quilts, too! I'm afraid to say, I still have a couple of UFOs - I'm envious that you finished your quilts
    You know what motivates me?
    Moving every 2 to 3 years for professional reason and living by myself. With time I got so tired of trying to find a place for everything that I owned or that I had kept "in case of...." and craft things *I love almost any crafts* and moving them around with my bones and muscles getting older and painful, I started to read books like (and I translate as I read them in french) "simplify your life - simple life - stepping lightly - your life or your money - etc
    it helped me with the decision to keep only what I used regularly. lessons learned. loll
    and I am not getting any younger!
    I started to get rid of things that I had not used in the last 5 years or so... and I have not missed anything yet
    I don't have kids to leave them with the "cleaning up" after I'm gone.

Now you know why I am not a collector of "too much" of anything (exceptions apply of course loll)
    rich and free in other ways loll

Quote Originally Posted by PenniF View Post
    What a great story !!! and i think they are beautiful quilts.
    Me too they say it is in the eye of the beholder and quilts really are that.

Beautiful quilts.
    Liz Fairlie

Blog Entries
    Love the quilts and the story. How nice to know the people you are giving them to really like them.
    Judy

Girl, I have made so many quilts "just because". I love the fabric, the process and the ability to create something. I keep a stack in my living room and when we have visitors, they get to take one home if they really fall in love with it, or if they just ask. I keep my "keepers" in a separate place. I LOVE being able to give and share them. It makes it worth while.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by patticriss View Post
    Girl, I have made so many quilts "just because". I love the fabric, the process and the ability to create something. I keep a stack in my living room and when we have visitors, they get to take one home if they really fall in love with it, or if they just ask. I keep my "keepers" in a separate place. I LOVE being able to give and share them. It makes it worth while.
    that is what I am aiming at! quilt and wait for the right owner to come foward. I have 3 nieces and they will get some if ever they like what I do and express a desire to have one. I would not want them not to be used and I am not sure they like any kind of "homemade" craft

I think all of your quilts are gorgeous and I really love the picture of your Aunt holding her quilt. I love this quilt.

Blog Entries
    thank you!

Power Poster
    Great looking quilts....

I love it when somebody likes a quilt that I don't care for. I am so glad your not so loved quilts found true loving homes. Keep on a quilting.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3