Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you want to see some progress??

Thanks so much for the imput, Izy. I really thank you for your tips. Maybe I'll try the machine stitching one day soon. Just to chicken to. :oops: I have two crib sized quilts to finish for our hay provider's little girls and then I'll have to give it a go. :D

Izy
    Well what worked for me was just getting on and trying, practic,e a little each day and you will soon see how you can improve, don't be put off by your first attempts like I nearly was!! I went onto utube and watched a few videos on free motion to get ideas from, but I have just found on this forum the post with all the videos - omg think I better get back to bed before I start checking all those out lol!!

Your free motion quilting samples are really quite good. I think you are ready to tackle the big one! You should be veeeery proud of yourself. Your quilt is innovative and very gorgeous!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Izy
    Muchas gracias mis amigas - Might as well practice my Spanish too!!

This was my first xmas table runner
    Name:  Attachment-5019.jpe
Views: 26
Size:  32.9 KB

This was a charity quilt which our group made for our local animal rescue centre, I made the three central horizontal blocks.
    Name:  Attachment-35615.jpe
Views: 31
Size:  74.7 KB

This cushion was a fabric panel that I practised quilting on. I trapunto'd the larger birds
    Name:  Attachment-57720.jpe
Views: 24
Size:  61.1 KB

You are very talented and I love looking at your work! The charity quilt is really quite spectacular. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Tiffany

see this is why i dont want to show my quilts. THAT WAS YOUR FIRST QUILT? its just beautiful

First, I want to say that I absolutely LOVE your quilt. The colors are perfect...it is just gorgeous. Your Sue bonnet block is very very cute as are the others. I like them. And you've been doing an awesome job at free motion. Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see more.

well Izzy if you told us what machine you're usung I missed it and would really like to know and is it stitch regulated?
    You've done a wonderful job. Please show us more!!!

First quilt???????? It is magnificent and much more complicated than I would attempt at this time. You make it look so easy. We can hardly wait to see what you make on your "second" quilt!
    ~Joan

Izy
    Again may I thank all of you for your positive comments, my machine is a Janome memorycraft 9000 - until about six months ago I had no intention of using a machine as I had only ever stitched straight lines, soft furnishings etc. and was petrified of trying anything 'fiddly'. I sort of 'happened upon' patchwork as I thought the group were cross stitchers when I first joined!! Needless to say after the first session I went home with a few scraps and a dresden plate template( I will attach what that ended up as - I don't believe or can afford to waste anything lol!!) I managed to 'swirl the inside so it lay o.k. - I did do this on my old singer machine - but found it easier in the beginning to use paper templates for acuracy. THEN Rachel decided to buy a new machine.......well the rest you have seen.... I haven't learnt half of what the machine does, it can be programmed to do lots of embroidery which I haven't even started on yet, Monday afternoons are to be embroidery lesson sessions.... God knows when I am ever gonna do the ironing.........LOL!! :wink:

This is one of the pre-programmed embroidery stitches on one of my blocks
    Name:  Attachment-5469.jpe
Views: 21
Size:  69.7 KB

first dresden plate - I should have only have had 12 pieces, but the paper template I was given was to my eye not accurate so I drew my own - and ended up with 16 - did I fail the test????
    Name:  Attachment-5475.jpe
Views: 18
Size:  48.8 KB

This is appliqued using different stitches from the memory
    Name:  Attachment-57108.jpe
Views: 19
Size:  52.1 KB

Has hecho las colchas des retazos tan bonitas amiga mia! (I thought I might practice too LOL) You really do such beautiful work!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful work with us!!

Izy
    De nada, quieres fotografias additionales cuando trabajo mas? (as you can see I am still very early in my spanish lessons tee hee!! (but love to have a go, I can see me learning much more than quilting techniques here!! I have just quilted my first sashing - do you call it lattice? Oh boy was I scared, I've given myself a headache - mind you I have been up since 3am and its now 7pm here!! early night tonight I think!!, Thanks again for your lovely comments, I really do appreciate it, and I love to see everyones lovely creations for inspiration.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow! Me gustan much los tres!
    my gosh, i just saw the rest of your photos. Eres una trabajadora verdadera! Pero, dime, estas haciendo free embroidery con decorative stitches?? with the feet up or down??

Izy
    en el primero cuadro todos trabajo a mano, en el sugundo - a maquina con 'feed dogs' abajo!! ermmmm no recuerdo el final ?????? que es? no lo se!!!!!!!!!!!! tu endiendes porque mi espanol esta mal!!!!! Hago otra mesaje en un momento despues mirar un cuadro final!!

Izy
    Perdoneme!! lo siento el mesaje antes esta no correcto!!

El cuadro primero 'celtic' esta todos l a los manos
    El cuadro segundo 'carol doak' similar -a mana9 con papeles)
    El final uso la maquina con 'comer perros' arriba!!!

Think I better get studying my spanish dictionary, I am out of my depth here lol!!!

Ohhh si!!! Quiero muchas fotografias additionales cuando trabajas mas, por favor!! Y fotografias additionales de las almohadas, si lo deseas,
    La"dresdan plate" esta tan bonita tambien! :thumbup:

Izy
    Muchas gracia mucho gusto hablar en espanol contigo!!

Hasta luego amiga mia!!

Please feel free to correct my poor grammar, I have been learning spanish for a year, but only 2 hours a week. We are still working in present tense only!! so go easy on me eh!! lol!! I think by now you will realise I like a challenge though!!

This is beautiful!!! You do great work.

:wink: Thats ok my grammar is terrible!!...its been years since I've studied Spanish, so this is kind of a fun refresher for me LOL. I took 7 yrs of Spanish in school, jr and sr high schools.
    I was wondering if you had any other pictures of cushions? I just love the dresdan plate one. If you have pictures of any others I'd love to see them, I desperately need to make cushions for our dining table chairs. Your's was so inspirational, I thought maybe you had some more pics :D.

and this might help you out a bit from time to time, I have to refer to it ALOT! LOL Just type a word or phrase into the English to Spanish translater on the left and it will give you alll kinds of info, and tenses. Thanks for the chance to get a Spanish refresher going :)

http://www.wordreference.com/English_Spanish_Dictionary.asp

Didn't think Spanish was a required language in this website!! :lol: :lol: :lol: If you don't mind I'll stick to looking at the pictures. To late in life to learn new lingo!!! :D :D

LOL Lois-nounoe, :oops: not required just fun sometimes to use :lol: ahhh but its never too late to learn a new lingo :thumbup:

Oh the dresdin plate cusion is gorgeous!

Beautiful work and the quilt with the swag and hearts is, really a show stopper. WOW, WOW, and WOW.

Izy
    Lisa,
    Hablar mas tarde!

Hasta luego, Izy x
    Attached Images Attached Images

Izy,
    Si, me gusto hablar con ti mas tarde tan mucho!!:)

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast