Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Don't you hate it when...............? >

Don't you hate it when...............?

Don't you hate it when...............?

Old 01-12-2010, 09:34 AM

I still think it is beautiful
Old 01-12-2010, 09:35 AM

isn't that the way it goes. finished top, sandwiching, and that's when you notice, when it's half pinned. right? me too, i fix it if i can.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:36 AM

Now I see both! Would love to see it finished - its pretty!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:44 AM

THANK YOU.....I AM NEW AT THIS...AND IT TOOK SOME TIME TO FIND YOUR MINOR BOO BOO....
I MEAN BOO BOOS....

I LOVE THIS ONE....IT IS JUST YUMMY....LIKE CHOCOLATE!
OF COURSE!

AND YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU GET IN A BOX OF CHOCOLATES!!!!

YOU LOOK AND LOOK AND FIND A TREAT!!!!

YOUR WORK IS A TREAT, AND AGAIN I JUST LOVE IT!!!!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:45 AM

BEEN THERE DONE THAT! Mine was pinned and ready to start quilting when it was caught ... whew ... unpinned ... unsewed ... fixed ... repinned ... quilted. Thank goodness it was a wall hanging and the error was close to the outside.

Love your quilt!

Thankfully your error is also towards outside. Look on the brighter side, it was not all the way in the middle. ;)
Old 01-12-2010, 09:46 AM
Banned

I saw them. ALthough it took me a couple seconds to see it.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:47 AM

It is gorgeous. don't fret.

I have a long story that is a real Duhhhhhhhhhh moment.

This past Saturday a few of us were working on an antique quilt that was so wavy there was nothing to do but tie it. It was similar to the Pineapple log cabin. All the centers were way too big for the pieces that were around them, it had been hand pieced so we didn't want to take it apart. It is red and white and had a 3 pieced red and white border that was also way too big for the quilt, no way to square this thing. Now realize we have already sandwiched and tied to the border, when we decided we could take of the red and white border and resize it and sew it back on. When we got it off, we also realized if we cut it off about 6 inches all the way around the then now tied quilt, we could almost square it and it would lie flat. Ok we have already taken off the border and the center is tied. So as all of us sat there with our thumbs up our... . We said ok should we go ahead and cut. Well one friend jumped right in and said she would do it, nothing scared her. So she cut all the way around all 3 layers. When she was done we all sat there admiring how much better it looked and it almost layed flat and thennnnnnnnnnn. One friend spoke up and said how are we going to put the border back on. That was the real duhhhhhhhhhhh moment. We have decided since it is tied, we can fold back the batting and backing add the border then piece the backing and batting for the border to the rest of the quilt and hopefully it will only look like a pieced border. Ok, now the good part this quilt does not belong to any of us. We know the friend that turned it over to us really won't care because it was beyond doing anything with other than keeping it as a top.

So top this. LOL
Old 01-12-2010, 09:50 AM
Banned

Don't feel bad, It took me a bit to realize there was onE on each side. The twin quilt I made using photos (ones I took of pics on my computer monitor).... I didn't see the cursor arrow in the photo until I was ready to quilt and bind it! Then it was too late and the only people who noticed --- me and then my DD while she was helping me quilt it. Part of the charm of what makes a quilt a quilt. No quilt is perfect. Yours look great!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:50 AM
KR

At a quilting workshop MANY years ago the instructor said she intentionally makes a mistake in her quilts. I think she said she got it from her grandmother, "only God makes perfect things."
At any rate, your quilt is lovely....great job!!
Old 01-12-2010, 09:51 AM

I see it, and would have changed it too because it would have drove me crazy. Most people probably would not see it, either way it is a beautiful quilt, excellent work.