Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Ducky Row Baby Quilt >

Ducky Row Baby Quilt

Ducky Row Baby Quilt

Old 06-05-2008, 05:57 AM

You did a great job its really cute :D
Old 06-05-2008, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bevanger
ok dumb question here from a new quilter. the squares look simple enough with the strips around them, but how does the plain square come in? is there a pattern for this? Maybe i can try it......
Bev, the only dumb question is the question NOT asked. I'll try to answer your question...sometimes I'm not really good at written explainations but I'll try.

The PLAIN block is cut at whatever size you plan to use. The STRIPE blocks are made using strips of the different colors of fabric then cut to the same size as your PLAIN block. So, if your PLAIN block is 10 inches, For example, the multi-colored strip block after sewing the strips together should be 10 inches square, also. Once your multi-stiped blocks and your plain blocks are cut out then you just arrange them with every other one being Plain a PLAIN block. Second row, would be the opposite block arrangement. If in the first row you started with a striped block then in the second row you'd start with a Plain block. You might want to download a picture of the quilt MomTo3 sent in so you know how you want your stripe blocks arranged in the quilt. She has some of the stripes going up and down and others going crosswise around the Plain block. I hope this helps and doesn't confuse you.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Feathers
ok dumb question here from a new quilter. the squares look simple enough with the strips around them, but how does the plain square come in? is there a pattern for this? Maybe i can try it......
Bev, the only dumb question is the question NOT asked. I'll try to answer your question...sometimes I'm not really good at written explainations but I'll try.

The PLAIN block is cut at whatever size you plan to use. The STRIPE blocks are made using strips of the different colors of fabric then cut to the same size as your PLAIN block. So, if your PLAIN block is 10 inches, For example, the multi-colored strip block after sewing the strips together should be 10 inches square, also. Once your multi-stiped blocks and your plain blocks are cut out then you just arrange them with every other one being Plain a PLAIN block. Second row, would be the opposite block arrangement. If in the first row you started with a striped block then in the second row you'd start with a Plain block. You might want to download a picture of the quilt MomTo3 sent in so you know how you want your stripe blocks arranged in the quilt. She has some of the stripes going up and down and others going crosswise around the Plain block. I hope this helps and doesn't confuse you.
Cool Thanks. I'll look at hers again. I found one on the internet called Warm Wishes. Is that it?
Old 06-05-2008, 06:28 AM

Bev, hers is almost the same as the Warm Wishes pattern,
here's the one I did in the Warm Wishes pattern, the center strip is a bit wider tham the other two and they alternate to frame the focus fabric
http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/2519.page
Old 06-05-2008, 06:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by kathy
Bev, hers is almost the same as the Warm Wishes pattern,
here's the one I did in the Warm Wishes pattern, the center strip is a bit wider tham the other two and they alternate to frame the focus fabric
http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/2519.page
oh my that is gorgeous. so what pattern do i use? after this one i'm starting with, i thought maybe i can do one like this with disney princesses for my friends daughter for xmas
Old 06-05-2008, 06:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Feathers

Cool Thanks. I'll look at hers again. I found one on the internet called Warm Wishes. Is that it?
i saved your instructions and will try your way.
Old 06-05-2008, 07:41 AM

Thanks everyone. :D

Bevanger, Kathy is right about the pattern, and Feathers explained it perfectly. I just changed it a little bit. The blocks measure 8 square. There is several alternatives to laying out this pattern. Just play around with the layout and see what you like best. It is very easy and quick to do. It took me a few hours to sew it together. I think it would look great in the disney princess.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mom2three
Thanks everyone. :D

Bevanger, Kathy is right about the pattern, and Feathers explained it perfectly. I just changed it a little bit. The blocks measure 8 square. There is several alternatives to laying out this pattern. Just play around with the layout and see what you like best. It is very easy and quick to do. It took me a few hours to sew it together. I think it would look great in the disney princess.
Please call me Bev and yes it was very easy to understand. I copy pasted/. When I get it done I'll show you all. Thanks ladies for helping me out. Your the bestest......
Attached Thumbnails attachment-46086.jpe  
Old 06-05-2008, 10:25 AM

Bev, your poms are adorable. Our pom is almost 7. He is our needy baby. He took hold of my daughter and sticks to her like glue.

Can't wait to see your quilt. :D
Old 06-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by mom2three
Bev, your poms are adorable. Our pom is almost 7. He is our needy baby. He took hold of my daughter and sticks to her like glue.

Can't wait to see your quilt. :D
Awwwwwww thanks hun. The red one is 6. The white one will be a yr old next month. He's a toy. The red is a standard. Both think they are huge big dogs lol
Monday I get my sewing machine, then I can put all my blocks together. Until then I'm crocheting.....