Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: An English Country Sewing Room

New member here, posting a question on this very interesting thread. When I started reading the comments this morning there were only a few pages. Returning tonight, the number of pages have doubled :) HERE'S MY QUESTION: (maybe it's been answered already - if so - just direct me to the answer: I want to know the brand/manufacture of the white table that your white sewing machine is embedded in. I really need a table like this and it doesn't look like the one I've seen here in the U.S. (SewEziusa.com) I want a permanent "home" for my new Bernina. Thanks for the information! Blessings, Jennie

Your quilting / sewing space looks wonderful.

Blog Entries
    I love it I know its a joy to sew there

Those with a lot of (organized) space, have a lot of expectations on them ..!

Blog Entries
    Wow! Each thread that I read on this site is better than the next. I love your room as does everyone else here. Makes me wonder what the rest of your house looks like. Is it an old English cottage with roses in the yard? The finished quilts you have done are wonderful. Would love to see pics of each one opened out.I think there is another thread where folks were showing pics of their sewing rooms. Thanks again for making me so glad I joined this group!

Amazing space. Just love it. You are so lucky.

What a beautiful place to quilt. I'm envious.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Hey Terri and Joanne - CT (Connecticut right?) and VA (Virginia? - not bad for a Limey!) are the same side of the country aren't they? Although I know that in the States that can mean they're several days' drive apart! Maybe I'll do a road trip one of these here days!
    Love to have you visit! Early October is best in Connecticut - that's when the 'leaf peepers' show up to see our beautiful New England fall colors. Reservations already taken for Oct 6, so the house MAY be clean by then - except for the sewing room. That's YOUR department, K! Whoops - I meant organized, not clean ~ ~ ~

If you're gonna do a road trip starting with Terri (Virginia), she's about 8 hours south, depending on how fast you drive and the day of the week but Butterflywing will probably want to get in on this - she lives about 1 1/2 hours south of me ~ ~ ~ are your ears burning Barbara?

Or you could fly to Hartford, CT - which I always recommend, because I never recommend that anyone fly to JFK or La Guardia airports. It's about an hour from my big ol' house in the country.

And, no Terri, I'm not telling you where the key OR the wine is. You'll just have to visit when I'm HOME! You can sort of see part of the house in my Avatar.

Driving fast is now my specialty! lmao

Quote Originally Posted by quiltinjennie
    New member here, posting a question on this very interesting thread. When I started reading the comments this morning there were only a few pages. Returning tonight, the number of pages have doubled :) HERE'S MY QUESTION: (maybe it's been answered already - if so - just direct me to the answer: I want to know the brand/manufacture of the white table that your white sewing machine is embedded in. I really need a table like this and it doesn't look like the one I've seen here in the U.S. (SewEziusa.com) I want a permanent "home" for my new Bernina. Thanks for the information! Blessings, Jennie
    Hi Jennie and welcome to the board!
    On page 1 in paragraph 3, I think, she
    says it's a Janome table. She has a
    Janome machine and I guess they make
    tables to fit each machine. I'm sure
    Bernina makes one or can tell you
    where to purchase it. How nice that
    you have such a great machine!
    You'll love it here. Everyone is
    friendly and helpful.

Blog Entries
    That is just sooooo spacious and organized. Wow I hope you enjoy every minute when working there.

You've made us all envious. It's just perfect.

What a fantastic sewing room, looks so inviting, If it was mine I would be putting my bed in there too, so never having to leave it....Enjoy many happy hours of sewing :)

Super Member Sheree from Chicago's Avatar
    What a fantastic space!

Your sewing room is perfect! You have alot of room & good light. Gorgeous quilts hanging. Everything you need is right there. Thanks for sharing!

Love your sewing room, it's so clean. Mine always looks like a big storm hit it hard. Enjoy your new home.

Very nice

What an awesome studio. As an old retired "school marm" I can think of only one thing that is missing. Does it have the "smell" of a school room? There's something about walking into a schoolroom and taking in all the scents -- books, paper, chalk, etc. Yes, it's been 12 years since I retired, but I still miss "my room."

Your hanging rod for your quilts gives me an idea for my room.

Wow! that is one serious setup!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemjo
    Welcome back, missed you.
    Thanks Sharon, I missed you too. :-D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tinwoods
    It's a quilters dream come true, so well planned. Did you install the cork floor or did it come with the building? Also what type of lighting do you have for night sewing? Are you planning on any on-site tours, sounds like several of us would love to see it! Thanks for sharing.
    The cork was already installed, all we did was give it a couple of fresh coats of clear, matt varnish and I have to say, it's ideal - warm and soft on my barefoot (I always hop around in one shoe, right foot bare for the foot pedal!) and easy to clean. I got one of those swiffy duster on a stick things, like at the hairdressers, a friend said and a quick flick round with that picks up all the threads and scraps. :-D

On site tours by appointment, all welcome, Pimms served in the garden afterwards. ;) Oh, don't know if you have Pimms in the States, it's a classic English summer drink, a kind of punch with fruit in it, and it's deceptively strong so we'll all be giggly in no time! :mrgreen: )

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltinjennie
    I want to know the brand/manufacture of the white table that your white sewing machine is embedded in. I really need a table like this and it doesn't look like the one I've seen here in the U.S. (SewEziusa.com) I want a permanent "home" for my new Bernina. Thanks for the information! Blessings, Jennie
    Hi Jennie and welcome! The table is a Janome which is designed for my specific machine, a Janome 6600. I got it mail order here in England and it cost around 200. It's brilliant and I would highly recommend something similar to suit your own particular brand of machine. I think you'd have to get the specific one so that the cut out hole was the right size and shape - I don't know how the generic ones work as I've never seen one. :-D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eloisehousman
    Those with a lot of (organized) space, have a lot of expectations on them ..!
    I'll do my best. :mrgreen: :lol:

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SandyinZ4
    Wow! Each thread that I read on this site is better than the next. I love your room as does everyone else here. Makes me wonder what the rest of your house looks like. Is it an old English cottage with roses in the yard? The finished quilts you have done are wonderful. Would love to see pics of each one opened out.I think there is another thread where folks were showing pics of their sewing rooms. Thanks again for making me so glad I joined this group!
    Yes it is. It's made of the local stone called 'hamstone' which is a golden colour and has lots of fossils in it - this part of England's coastline is known as the Jurassic Coast. The front of the house has a magnolia tree which must be stunning in May - can't wait to see it! And a wisteria which will also be stunning - I moved in too late this year to see either! The back garden is indeed full of roses and lots of other English country garden flowers, although it's very overgrown as the former tenants neglected it. I'm gradually licking it back into shape. I don't have any pictures on the laptop - once I get my main PC working again (don't ask!) I'll post some pics of the house and garden. :-D

If you'd like to see more of my quilts, click on my name then click on topics created, scroll through all the waffle and click on the ones in 'Pictures'. Most of them have been posted here. And thanks very much for your interest. :-D

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanneS
    And, no Terri, I'm not telling you where the key OR the wine is. You'll just have to visit when I'm HOME! You can sort of see part of the house in my Avatar.
    OK Terri, here's what we do, we get that part of her avatar pic digitally enhanced then we drive round Connecticut, looking for the house, then we break in and help ourselves to the wine! :mrgreen: You drive, I'll look! :shock:

Hey Joanne, you know we're kidding! :mrgreen: I'd love to come and visit - I was a leaf peeper once myself, years ago aged around 9 when we lived in Canada. I don't really remember but I'm thinking at that age, I wasn't very impressed, so I'd love to come back again some day when I now WILL appreciate it! :-D And yes, I'd have to drop in on BW - she's going to show me NYC! Anyone heard from her BTW? I haven't for a couple of days. :-(

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 ... LastLast