Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: An English Country Sewing Room

I love your house,,,,and your sewing room. Wow

Blog Entries
    Oh my goodness - this cottage is even more charming than the one in France. I don't see a garage, but I do see a gargoyle.

Can't wait to see that wisteria in bloom. You're soooo lucky to have found this beautiful home.

I have wisteria in the BACK of my house - so it won't help you find my house as you and Terri drive around CT. For the first few years we were in CT, I thought it was a weed, and I kept trying to pull it out - even cut it level with the ground. Then I started grad school, and between that and taxi-ing kids around town, I had no more time for gardening. The weed bloomed! Then DH made a trellis, and now it frames the kitchen windows. Years ago, birds nested in it - that ended the year DD & family were in the house with a cat. Birds have long memories.

Beautiful!! Now we wanna see the backyard and the back of the house so we can drool some more :lol:

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Quote Originally Posted by tinwoods
    It's a quilters dream come true, so well planned. Did you install the cork floor or did it come with the building? Also what type of lighting do you have for night sewing? Are you planning on any on-site tours, sounds like several of us would love to see it! Thanks for sharing.
    The cork was already installed, all we did was give it a couple of fresh coats of clear, matt varnish and I have to say, it's ideal - warm and soft on my barefoot (I always hop around in one shoe, right foot bare for the foot pedal!) and easy to clean. I got one of those swiffy duster on a stick things, like at the hairdressers, a friend said and a quick flick round with that picks up all the threads and scraps. :-D

On site tours by appointment, all welcome, Pimms served in the garden afterwards. ;) Oh, don't know if you have Pimms in the States, it's a classic English summer drink, a kind of punch with fruit in it, and it's deceptively strong so we'll all be giggly in no time! :mrgreen: )
    So, for those of us in the states....can you post a recipe for Pimms, please?

Oh my, what a beautiful home. I absolutely LOVE it!!

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Here's the Pimms homepage - you will be asked your birthdate to make sure your of an age to drink alcohol! http://www.anyoneforpimms.com/home.php

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanneS
    Oh my goodness - this cottage is even more charming than the one in France. I don't see a garage, but I do see a gargoyle.

Can't wait to see that wisteria in bloom. You're soooo lucky to have found this beautiful home.

I have wisteria in the BACK of my house - so it won't help you find my house as you and Terri drive around CT. For the first few years we were in CT, I thought it was a weed, and I kept trying to pull it out - even cut it level with the ground. Then I started grad school, and between that and taxi-ing kids around town, I had no more time for gardening. The weed bloomed! Then DH made a trellis, and now it frames the kitchen windows. Years ago, birds nested in it - that ended the year DD & family were in the house with a cat. Birds have long memories.
    The garage is out of shot - well spotted! I just bought the gargoyle the other day, the children call him Gaston in honour of our time in France. The back garden is a WIP Joyce, I'll show it when I've whipped it into a bit more shape. :mrgreen: Oh OK one pic then...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mom says we'll keep Mr. Rooster and bring him over to you personally! LOL Sounds good to me. Of course, it's gonna be a while, since I'm just starting a new job, but what the heck.

Blog Entries
    Wow, what a nice area............calla/Sue

Well, I think you're "whipping" it into shape very nicely already!! Besides, if it's as hot there as it is here, you don't need to be outside working too much -- but I think it's beautiful!! :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by sharon b
    Now I know why you haven't been around much... she is barricaded in her room :mrgreen: What a great space :lol:
    yes! now, we know :XD:
    ahem, that does mean we expect to be seeing a little more of you???? :lol:
    my excuse is I have and still am borrowing computer time from my DD!
    I've decided due to financial situation, and other ocd reasons, LOL...not to buy a new computer at home! ;)
    I had dial up...I get to use high speed here :thumbup:
    K, girlfriend, I knew you were a prolific quilter, but didn't realize you had that many!
    You are a quilting demon...in the best sense, lol :XD:
    hugs, I've missed you so much :-D

Quote Originally Posted by gaigai
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    [I swear...I really do think my fabric multiplied like rabbits on the trip over here. EVERYTHING that I had fabric in on Guam is full again and I still have fabric that needs to be put awaly I only bought maybe 10 yards total of fabric since I got back to the states.
    Gaigai : Sure, honey. If that's your story, you know we will all back you up!!
    :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Mousie: nah! let's blackmail her for fabric, lol! ;) ;) ;)
    I call dibs on any deep pinks, bright reds, aquas and corals...and... :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Abi's Nina
    Very nice area. I love your cutting table. Did your husband make that? And the Ikea bar for your work in progress. Good idea! :D
    Yes, yes, yes...k! since I have the same machine, I really want to know about the table!!! I'm all (big) ears :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mousie
    Very nice area. I love your cutting table. Did your husband make that? And the Ikea bar for your work in progress. Good idea! :D
    Yes, yes, yes...k! since I have the same machine, I really want to know about the table!!! I'm all (big) ears :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Hey Mousie! It's the Janome table specifically designed for our machines. I got mine mail order here in the UK but you MUST be able to get it over there. Here's a link to it on the US JAnome site http://www.janome.com/index.cfm/Mach...Sewing_Cabinet I guess they can give you a local stockist. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by krisgray
    Beautiful! I'm going to put the Ikea breakfast bars in my long term memory - what a great idea.
    LOL...I thought I was the only one that 'filed' ideas in my head like a library or computer, lol :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Driving fast is now my specialty! lmao
    hahaha...no more fear of sliding off the pebble!
    Now, about this road trip...
    the mouse would be most hurt, (and if that doesn't work),
    incensed :mrgreen:
    (will resort to whipping out the ol' tough-mousie-love)...
    if I wasn't aware that k3n had landed!
    You guys can have all the wine, just don't leave me out of the cheese that will be spreading!!!! ;)

Blog Entries
    What a wonderful sewing room. :)

Okay Gaigai - I also have a pop-up camper for the ones who don't fit into the bedrooms ~ ~ ~ don't worry that it hasn't been used ~ ~ ~ or popped up since 1989 ~ ~ ~ the field mice probably haven't done much damage ~ ~ ~
    hee hee hee...Joanne, if they are the side of the family we don't claim...you do underestimate their tenacity! :shock:

Okay Gaigai - I also have a pop-up camper for the ones who don't fit into the bedrooms ~ ~ ~ don't worry that it hasn't been used ~ ~ ~ or popped up since 1989 ~ ~ ~ the field mice probably haven't done much damage ~ ~ ~
    OK Gai's in the camper!!! I'm in the sewing room, busy clean... I mean ORGANISING!!! :mrgreen:
    I'll spot dust and keep you company, K (and snoop, lol, for fabrics) :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by gaigai
    Thank you , I can't work in a mess, I'm one of those TIDY ppl!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:
    Yeah, and Sharon B is the quiet one (see KayKay's Mare Stare Thread)! LOL
    yeah, yeah, and Gai doesn't work with rubber gloves either, ROFLMBO!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by sewjoyce
    Beautiful!! Now we wanna see the backyard and the back of the house so we can drool some more :lol:
    Joyce, just wants to provide you with a moat for this English castle, K! now I have to brave my fear of planes!!!!
    (furiously emailing to WHEEL OF FORTUNE tv show to get on as a contestant and win a trip to England...)

Quote Originally Posted by Mousie
    Hey Mousie! It's the Janome table specifically designed for our machines. I got mine mail order here in the UK but you MUST be able to get it over there. Here's a link to it on the US JAnome site http://www.janome.com/index.cfm/Mach...Sewing_Cabinet I guess they can give you a local stockist. :-D
    wow! I wanted to check price but didn't see a place to order?

k3n
    Blog Entries
    I think you'd have to email them for a stockist, I don't think they sell direct to the public.

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    Here's the Pimms homepage - you will be asked your birthdate to make sure your of an age to drink alcohol! http://www.anyoneforpimms.com/home.php
    Thank you so much! Heidi

Love, Love, Love that house! :mrgreen:

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 ... LastLast