FABRIC IS BACK >

FABRIC IS BACK

FABRIC IS BACK

Old 06-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Power Poster

Way to go, Twinkie!
Thanks for sharing the good news!
Old 06-07-2011, 01:23 AM

It's about time someone listened to the consumer!
Old 06-07-2011, 02:54 AM

I hope that is true however my Walmart JUST did their remodel and removed the fabric. I'm really sad. It was the best fabric department in the entire area and now it is gone. The next one that has a nice fabric department isn't a super walmart so I hardly go there - unless I am looking for fabric. I will say now that they got rid of it, I don't shop as much there and am not buying fabric on a whim anymore!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:14 AM

Thank you so much for this post, Twinkie!! (My husband and I both laughed at your statement). Though I live several hours drive from the nearest Walmart, I will make that drive the next time I need to stock up. I went to my LQS yesterday to find that she had raised the price of her fabrics to $11.00/yard. Not just the new stuff, but everything in her shop even if it's been on the shelf for three years or more. Sheesh! Not this girl, not now and not ever!!! I made my first quilts 35 years ago with Walmart fabric and they are just a beautiful now as they were way back then. Good enough for me!
Old 06-07-2011, 03:19 AM

Hope my store is on the list!
Old 06-07-2011, 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by Rose L
Thank you so much for this post, Twinkie!! (My husband and I both laughed at your statement). Though I live several hours drive from the nearest Walmart, I will make that drive the next time I need to stock up. I went to my LQS yesterday to find that she had raised the price of her fabrics to $11.00/yard. Not just the new stuff, but everything in her shop even if it's been on the shelf for three years or more. Sheesh! Not this girl, not now and not ever!!! I made my first quilts 35 years ago with Walmart fabric and they are just a beautiful now as they were way back then. Good enough for me!

I'd call and make sure you have a fabric department with a cutting table before making that drive lol. That's a long haul!

I personally am looking forward to a trip to Ikea. I really love their fabrics :)
Old 06-07-2011, 04:51 AM

I know some of us on the board don't like Walmart Fabrics, ......But....I do! If I watch I can find good quality fabrics and at a price I can afford. Bad quality fabrics are everywhere, not just Walmart. I am thrilled that they are bringing back fabric departments to some of the stores...mine has never lost theirs...thank the Lord.
Old 06-07-2011, 04:59 AM

When I ordered fabric for the Walmart store that I was dept mgr over for 12 years I was able to talk to the mills direct but in the last few years Walmart did not allow us to order from alot of the vendors. Walmart done most of the ordering from the home office. When I was allowed to order I could get coordinating groups that were great. My sales were the best in the region because I wanted the customers to have a great choice. I f they allow that again it is up to the dept manager to order lots of groups otherwise the choice will be great but limited.
Old 06-07-2011, 06:22 AM
Power Poster

Did you like the Black Eye Peas and Will Smith?
Old 06-07-2011, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by Grandma Mary
Originally Posted by jacie
My Walmart has had fabric right along.however, in the last two =weeks they have increased the prices on all..... two weeks ago I bought a nice fabric, thought it was so pretty I'd get more. price was up 1.50 more/....Now, that is a big jump I"d say!!!!!!
Maybe the cost of cotton has caught up with your area? Where in MI is this Walmart? :lol:
That is true, the price of cotton has gone up considerably so of course the cost of item made with it is going to go up.