Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
fabric whisperer is inspiring me  aka butterfly quilt >

fabric whisperer is inspiring me aka butterfly quilt

fabric whisperer is inspiring me aka butterfly quilt

Old 06-22-2011, 06:12 PM

Thank you ! :-D
I did the tutorial for the folding.
I have 6 on blocks already to put together, but I haven't been working on any quilts for a few weeks, I am redoing my sewing room. Still have a little painting, then I can start putting things back. Will be soooo glad to be finished. :-D
Here is that link
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-129276-1.htm
Old 06-22-2011, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by LAB55
I have 6 on blocks already to put together, but I haven't been working on any quilts for a few weeks, I am redoing my sewing room. Still have a little painting, then I can start putting things back. Will be soooo glad to be finished. :-D
Here is that link
very very nice.. especially when done.. can't wait to see !
do you have a good view outside to something pretty? Like deer crazing in a field? lol
Old 06-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Power Poster

Colleen, that is a very elegant butterfly you have there! Very pretty. I am watching this thread with interest.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:02 AM

Originally Posted by colleen53
Originally Posted by LAB55
Here is that link
very very nice.. especially when done.. can't wait to see !
do you have a good view outside to something pretty? Like deer crazing in a field? lol
I have pictures of deer & some wild turkey, they were taken a year or 2 ago.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:35 AM

I just got back from joann's.. I used 2 - $10.00 off cards from their fire frenzy sale and got an ott light for $20.00. Now I will be able to see better to do my 11 more butterflies for this quilt.. I am doing the "butterfly flutter" dance !
Old 06-23-2011, 10:53 AM

Colleen, looking forward to seeing how wonderful it works out for you.The red one with the hearts is a strong eye catcher. I really love that one. :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 06-23-2011, 11:06 AM

Wow. Took my breath away. Really!

If you are short hankies, I imagine some could be found at yard sales...or you could maybe have your GD (depending on age) do some embroidery on one of the blocks....

and DEFINITELY label as hers. In the quilt.
My Grandmother was a letterer for Tiffany in NYC, and when she passed, it was soooo ugly to see some of my cousins fighting over things that she actually had labelled.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by mizunogirl

If you are short hankies, I imagine some could be found at yard sales...or you could maybe have your GD (depending on age) do some embroidery on one of the blocks....

My Grandmother was a letterer for Tiffany in NYC, and when she passed, it was soooo ugly to see some of my cousins fighting over things that she actually had labelled.
I had a board member contact me with some beautiful hankies for my use... love this board.
I will label it when I finish.. all too often "ugly" gets ugly in a loved ones death.. although I am not sure how you can fight over something that wasn't yours to begin with.. shame on those people.
I am starting on the red heart hanky now.. I just opened the ott light and what a huge difference this is going to make for me.. I will post later today when "she flies again"...lol
Old 06-23-2011, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by mizunogirl

I had a board member contact me with some beautiful hankies for my use... love this board.
I will label it when I finish.. all too often "ugly" gets ugly in a loved ones death.. although I am not sure how you can fight over something that wasn't yours to begin with.. shame on those people.
I am starting on the red heart hanky now.. I just opened the ott light and what a huge difference this is going to make for me.. I will post later today when "she flies again"...lol
Old 06-23-2011, 11:19 AM

sorry for the double post.. two clicks will get you that and maybe back home to Kansas !! lol