Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Fall Splash FINAL lay-out.  I WILL NOT change it again. >

Fall Splash FINAL lay-out. I WILL NOT change it again.

Fall Splash FINAL lay-out. I WILL NOT change it again.

Old 04-26-2010, 11:26 AM

looks great but maybe u should use a little bit lighter shade on the ends...just kidding..looks great again! :lol:
Old 04-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by barnbum
Originally Posted by janRN
Wait a minute. Maybe if you move the top le----NO! Just kidding-it looks great, Karla. Your color choices are beautiful. Just love it.

:lol: :lol: You had my attention there for a minute!!

I sent this link to these to my daughter. She's on her way back to college from a weekend camping trip--I'm afraid she's going to have a suggestion--a very good suggestion--when she sees them. But at least it's not like laying out a 100 block log cabin!!

Remind me--once the horse tops are done--to try a two fabric pattern of SQUARES! Better yet, BIG RECTANGLES!
Quick.....start sewing...before she sees it in person.
Old 04-26-2010, 02:20 PM

Really like your color progression. Good luck with the binding, sounds like a great - but difficult - plan :)
Old 04-26-2010, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by roselady
It is so beautiful! I am ready to start sewing on mine. I've been cutting for awhile now, yuk! I have read a few different ways to sew them, some say not to sew all the ways to the center of the points, what do you suggest? Thanks so much.
Weeeellll... I figured out a way to do it that worked for me when I did Kayak on the Lake, then I read the book that came with the rulers and found out I was doing it nearly the opposite way the ruler person says to. I even do things she says NOT to do. Sigh. :roll: I tried it her way with this top--but the squares came out bad. So--I went back to my idea.

I lay out the eight larger triangles first--then pair them up and sew and iron. Then I lay those pairs out and sew them and iron. I iron all these seams going the same direction. Then I sew the two halves together and iron that seam open. Then I add the outer smaller four triangles and iron out. I asked my quilter if the centers gave her any trouble on Kayak-and she said "not a bit!" I like how they look--they have a kind of swirl in the middle (well, when everything matches up nicely).

I'd love to see what you're doing! What colors?? Good luck! :-D

Boston--Rachel liked the last one best!! Whew!! :lol:

Farmer Girl (love that name!)--I did something similar before (barn quilt) and you are so right--it was a pain! But--I think it's best for this, so I shall pursue and endure. :lol:
Old 04-26-2010, 03:53 PM

I have the design on EQ6, but unlike you, I don't know how to get it from there to here! If I can figure out how to do that, I'd be happy to show you what I have planned!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:11 PM

Ugh--I wish I was easier to please. I've had three final lay-outs. :roll: :| :roll: :|

It was exciting to make something from an EQ6 design--but I wish I wasn't SO PICKY!

Now I just have to sew it together.

Here's the story:
Wow! I love how the colors flow! Gorgeous!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:23 PM

This is the basic idea, I'm sure I will make some changes. Hope this works!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-9854.bmp  
Old 04-26-2010, 04:26 PM

Oh, roselady--how pretty that is! I would never have thought to combine blocks like that. How far are you on it? I bet you had a blast choosing fabrics!

Thank you, Leann
Old 04-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Power Poster

I like it. Nice gradation.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:35 PM

Oh, roselady--how pretty that is! I would never have thought to combine blocks like that. How far are you on it? I bet you had a blast choosing fabrics!

Thank you, Leann
I think I told you, I am making it for my nephew who's getting married, my SIL and BIL own a rafting company, so their whole life revolves around several Calif. rivers which begin in the High Sierra's, hence the idea. I am still cutting and I don't have all the fabrics that I need. None of the LQS have a lot of batiks, so I'm having to order online. Your kayak on the lake is what really started my idea for this, so thank you so much.