Farmer's Wife Sashing (?) >

Farmer's Wife Sashing (?)

Farmer's Wife Sashing (?)

Old 07-03-2011, 05:52 AM

Beautiful work! Will not be better with sashing. IMHO
Quilter 68
Old 07-03-2011, 06:04 AM
Power Poster

Pretty Blocks!! Maybe a dark green tonal for the sashing, and bright colors for the corner stones? Maybe make the cornerstones scrappy too? :D:D:D
Old 07-03-2011, 06:57 AM
Power Poster

I love the fabrics you have picked for the quilt. Sorry no opinion on the sashing
Old 07-03-2011, 10:10 AM

I think the background of the center basket would make a lovely border.
Old 07-03-2011, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
With 111 different blocks and fabric combos, you might want to audition several different fabrics.

You might get some ideas from this thread .... and post on it too, as it's become the central point for this discussion ...
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-110962-1.htm
YES! please look at the link! we would love to see your pictures there!

I think, white, dark purple, dark blue, dark green, or black would all look AMAZING

HAVE FUN
Old 07-03-2011, 12:44 PM

CAgirl1 Thank you!
Maggie_Sue pink & green is my fave combo but DH is falling for the aqua solid, so I might include more of that. Aqua is growing on me.
Painiacs, I don't have much yardage. My favorite piece is just a FQ. Most of the solids are 1 yard pieces & I'm saving every scrap. I guess I'll just have to see what's left in the end. =)
Carolaug, I usually use white & still have to sash my Dear Jane (in white)....have a feeling I need a change of pace with this one.
Thank you, BlueAngel.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:00 PM

QuiltE, I haven't committed to the whole quilt since I have Dear Jane to finish sashing & then put all those pieces together....if I do, it will be a while & the color scheme will not vary much. Thanks for the thread link!! It's so nice to see everyone's blocks laid out. I have the FW threads tagged but missed it somehow.

I thought so, too MegsAnn but placing darker fabrics in the mix is a pretty harsh contrast compared to the low contrast blocks. I even switched it up with royal, purple & gray with no luck. A lighter gray might work but I'm not loving it yet.

DogHouseMom You're getting fancy on me! LOL It would be a great way to use the leftover bits, though. QSTs would be awesome!!

SparkMonkey I'll have to play around with the darker fabrics to see what they look like when I have some more blocks done....the charcoal might do the trick, thanks!

quilter68 I hadn't thought of skipping the sashing....it is a bit formal for the fabrics I picked. If I can't come to a decision, maybe that's for a good a reason. I'm keeping skip the sashing in mind. Thanks!

amma, thanks so much for your input. More green & aqua is on the way---maybe that will help me make my mind up.

debcavan, thank you! I love them, too. THey've been sitting on the shelf for quite a while waiting for a fun project.

pjaco I LOVE that fabric!! Too bad I only had a fat quarter and it's an older print. I'm kicking myself for not buying yards of it.

deranged_damsel Great link, so glad I took your {and quiltE's} advice to check it out! I wonder if I'm getting too obsessed with it, only having completed 10 blocks so far. I doubt white simply because I'll be sick of white fabric once I get Dear Jane out of the way...charcoal sounds good, the gray I have on hand is a little thin and lighter than charcoal...maybe that's why it's not jumping off the shelf at me yet. =)

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment!!
Old 07-03-2011, 01:07 PM
Power Poster

Along with the dark colour suggestions .... a deep raspberry or wine colour.

For any of these, don't think all solid, rather theee may be some tone on tones or smallish prints that could work or a batik.
Old 07-03-2011, 01:09 PM

ooooh I'm ooohing & ahhing over deep raspberry!!
Old 07-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
ooooh I'm ooohing & ahhing over deep raspberry!!
It's a colour I like, and oh so hard to find! I have a couple of projects I would like to find it for, including my OBW, but so far no luck. I'm thinking I might find it in a batik sometime.