Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Finally Found !! >

Finally Found !!

Finally Found !!

Old 11-25-2010, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by nwm50
Im learning more and more from you guys! The zipper foot info ...will check but it makes sense that it can't be used on FW for that idea of back & forth notion. This lady had machines everywhere in the house, or so it looked like it!
NAME??? Hmmm, have to think about that one. How about you guys giving me a hint and whoever i picks get some FQ"s ? Is that a go??
The zipper foot is for other singer machines, but if not mistaken, upi can move it over? Name her after the nice lady that sold it to you.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by nwm50
thanks gramma jean! It sews good but i just wanted to service it first...no telling how long it has been since she used it. Care to share your pic with us? How do we know where it came from orginally? Mine was from middle1963 to early 1964.
I think someone says go to the "featherweight Singer" sites, right?
In the book it has the date that corresponds to your machine . Turn it up on end so your looking at the bobbin area. There are a series of numbers. Copy then down and then go to the chart and see. You may have to go to the website if it was made in Britain. Jan
Old 11-25-2010, 10:13 AM

What a steal! It is beautiful.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:20 AM

Ok, help me here. I understand the collector thing, because my whole house is an omage (sp) to collections of one thing or another, but I have an old singer sewing machine that my grandmother used back in the 40's and there's no way I would want to use that smelly old thing. I've seen the Featherweights at my LQS for sale, the boxes smell moldy (they've come out with new ones). Everytime this one quilter lady comes to a class and sits behind me and whips out the Featherweight, I start sneezing and my nose blocks up. What's up with that?

My question is why would you use that one when you can use your pretty new ones, or are the featherweights just for decoration?
Old 11-27-2010, 06:26 PM

KATHOME....thanks for your info.
Thank u all for the comments/info.... the lite green ones really cute. Sometimes..when i have the machine on one place it has that celery green hues to it and other time/places it is the white color!