Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Finally Found !! >

Finally Found !!

Finally Found !!

Old 11-24-2010, 05:46 AM

I'm doing the HAPPY DANCE with you on this deal!!!!
Old 11-24-2010, 07:02 AM

purplefiend....omgoodness! I envy u but glad that you have all the fw's and using them! If u ever want to sell one....i would love to have another one for my 3rd GD....promised them all one in my will. :lol:
Old 11-24-2010, 07:11 AM

I've seen white ones on Ebay for up to $800.00. They were not in as good a shape. Enjoy her ,I love my black one. Congrads.
Old 11-24-2010, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by bsktkeeper
I've seen white ones on Ebay for up to $800.00. They were not in as good a shape. Enjoy her ,I love my black one. Congrads.
Some sellers think because its an old machine it must be worth a fortune. Idiots! People selling on Craig's List have the same ideas, I've seen listings for a treadle machine for $300 and the poor thing's cabinet is falling apart and the machine a rusted hulk. :roll:
Sharon W.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Gramma Jean
I just bought one of these on e-bay this last week. Mine was a 1960, made in Great Britian. Mine sews like a dream. Hope yours does too when it's cleaned up and serviced. Enjoy. I know I am.
Nice part about Feather Weights is that if you have the book, you can service them yourself and not have to take it in all the time unless there is a problem. But you will find that they have far less problems than the new machines. It is simple sewing and reverse. Mine has never been in the shop for anything. If you take the bottom off you will see some big cogs, and there is a grease that should be sort of a yellow clear grease. If it is dark, then replace it and you might want to take it in to have it done if you or your hubby don't have it or want to tackle it. Mine had grease so he wiped most of it off and then used solvent to remove the rest. let it dry and then put clean grease back on it and hand turned it a few times to get it incorporated into the cogs and then just ran it a few seconds. It was good to go then. Jan
Old 11-24-2010, 10:58 AM

You got a buttonhole attachment, I have one haven't used in years. Now what did you pay for the machine, I have a lite green fw paid $125. about 10 years ago.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:16 AM

You should call it HAPPY because you sure are happy you found it!
Old 11-24-2010, 02:25 PM

Someonelse probably came up with the answer already, but here's my 2 cents worth. The 'attachment' is most likely the buttonholer, and the cams were for different styles of buttonhole. I know there was a 'keyhole' or two, and straight ones. It has been a LONG time since I used something like that! Have fun! :thumbup:
Old 11-24-2010, 02:25 PM

Great find enjoy enjoy enjoy....
Old 11-24-2010, 06:48 PM

The item in green box is the buttonhole maker, and the other foot is a zipper foot...