Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Finally Found !! >

Finally Found !!

Finally Found !!

Old 11-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Google Goddess

very cute machine
Old 11-21-2010, 11:36 AM

I have never seen a white FW before. I really like it.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:39 AM

thanks! Posted under Main so i need to delete one of these posting, in case u don't see this again...
Old 11-21-2010, 11:46 AM

The bottonholer alone can cost 30.00 in the wrong place. GOD bless you and white one at that, have fun. Lucky lady!!!
Old 11-21-2010, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by I go To The Sea To Breathe
I have never seen a white FW before. I really like it.
They come in black, white, tan and GREEN. I would just love to have one. Priced a black one a year ago at my local repair shop and they wanted $425. for one in the original case, with attachment and manual. (no buttonholer with it.)
Old 11-21-2010, 11:58 AM

You can go to www.singer-featherweight.com on this site there is a LOT of info on the featherweights....how to date them and how to determine the condition.....etc. There are also FW for sale and he has one like yours for 625.00 it is rated a 9 in condition. It is a very informative site about FW. On this site you can see what the different feet are for.....and he has some for sale also

Several years ago....probably 10+ I went to an estate sale and got a FW for 25.00 it is black and the anniversary issue worth around 500.00. I haven't used it in a long time and had it up for sale for a long time but have decided to keep it since I started quilting.

Your machine is Great. Check out the site and you can find out the history of the FW and a lot more.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:12 PM

It was meant just for you! Enjoy! They are sweet machines!
Old 11-21-2010, 12:13 PM

thanks Jazzmyn for those info...will look them up. Post deleted the one on the Main as i didn't know that u can't have duplicate posting so this one will stay. Thanks again everybody for your help/comments.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:20 PM

WTG, nwm!! What a steal this is!!! Never knew they had FW's in tan!! OMG, this sure beats the machine you told me about!!! It sure beats mine too!! haha. Lucky, lucky lady you are!!!! Enjoy it to the max!!! :D :D :D :thumbup:
Old 11-21-2010, 02:35 PM
Power Poster

Congratulations on your new purchase ( cheaper than I paid for mine earlier this year but I got mine cheaper than average on ebay because it was a 220v motor, ideal for me as I live in Ireland, and that's what we need). The tan ones are fairly pale tan, and according to the book I have, a green one is a myth - none has ever been found, but the author thought perhaps it was because the white ones sometimes have a pale green tinge to them (sometimes called celery).

The foot you pictured lookd to me like a zipper foot, but if it is, I doubt if it is for this machine, because the needle on this doesn't move from side to side. If you put it on the machine and wind the needle down by hand VERY GENTLY, you are likely to see that the needle is heading down to break on the foot.