Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
A finished Quilt for A Friend >

A finished Quilt for A Friend

A finished Quilt for A Friend

Old 01-26-2010, 06:59 PM

I did not use a pattern, I cut strips that were 2 1/2 inches wide, in varying legths and sewed them together..I used all the colors that made me think of her, and the type of person she is. And then made it to a length and width that would fit her bed...sorry...I guess use your imagination :)
Old 01-26-2010, 07:00 PM

Cindybug I am very sorry to hear about your friend, but very happy to hear she loved and cherished it while she was able to! It was wonderful of you to do such an amazing thing for someone, and I am sure it will live on in your heart for a long time.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:26 PM

Sorry sorry..I was replaying to the wrong posts! I am soo sorry...I was distracted by a small child climbing on me...please forgive me!
Old 04-14-2010, 06:55 AM

Rachel.... I love this quilt, now this would have been fun to do. I think I would have like doing this rather then FD, but Hey... Maybe I might pull fabrics to do this type next? I like the gradual curves rather then fitting a pie shape into a half circle... Ya know what I mean! :c}
Old 04-14-2010, 06:59 AM

AWESOOOOOOOOOOOOME. Know your friend loves it and it will bring much comfort to him. Wishing him improved health.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:42 AM

I know this is an old post, but how did your friend like the quilt?
Old 04-14-2010, 09:43 AM

Beautiful!
Old 04-16-2010, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Crissie
Rachel.... I love this quilt, now this would have been fun to do. I think I would have like doing this rather then FD, but Hey... Maybe I might pull fabrics to do this type next? I like the gradual curves rather then fitting a pie shape into a half circle... Ya know what I mean! :c}
Hey Crissie - this class is taught at least once a year by Christie Batterman at Cotton Patch. Next time I see it listed as a class, I'll send you a pm! She's a real sweet heart and the class was fun. I think it was 2 or 3 evenings if I remember correctly. She was incredibly helpful for the layout, and trying to create "movement". I loved making this quilt, but I'm very turned on to Vicki's wild color style with FD, or the IOP that I'm working on! both are very different, but equally beautiful. Let me know if you want me to keep an eye out for you for the "Batiks in Motion" class!
Old 04-16-2010, 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by wvdek
I know this is an old post, but how did your friend like the quilt?
He loves it. He sent me the nicest note telling me that it's the most beautiful and special gift he's ever received in his life. Since he's a hair over 60, I took that as a real compliment. He's a lovely man, and right now, he's doing well. The cancer isn't getting worse, but it will never be gone. He's in pretty intense pain every day, but still lives to the fullest. Not much choice...he has kids the same age as ours (11 and 8) so he's got his hands full! He and his wife are just good people, and I'm so happy they are in our lives. good friends, and all I can do is hope he's comfortable, and that he can live as long as possible. Can't imagine those kids losing their father, or my girlfriend losing her husband.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:52 AM

what a beautiful heart you have!!! My prayers go out to your friend Colin! They are very lucky to have such a good friend in you and your family. God Bless
Andrea