Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Fresh Lilac BOM update >

Fresh Lilac BOM update

Fresh Lilac BOM update

Old 03-30-2017, 05:01 AM

they look nice to me!
Old 03-30-2017, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
I guess my prose is not clear. I did get the first three blocks in the first shipment. There were 6 shipments in all so that is right at $200.00 for the whole quilt, no batting, no backing. Now, yes, it is real pretty and I love the fabrics. I just didn't have the nerve to call them and cancel. I thought live and learn and take your lumps. Hold you head high and press on. So I did.

Yes, the vine print got turned around. And I pinned it too. Then I pressed it and took it to my neighbor who approved it and so I posted it. It wasn't until I saw it on line that I realized the vine print was to make a diagonal line.

Thanks for all your comments. What a great group!

Marcia
Just a heads up, did you notice on the bottom block that the bottom right corner 4-patch is also turned. Your blocks are looking really nice, glad you figured out that it was your needle so you could redo them and finish your quilt.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:03 AM

great job and color! thanks for sharing!
Old 03-30-2017, 08:42 AM

Glad you decided to give it another try. That's a sizeable investment. Looks like it will be a gorgeous quilt.
Old 03-30-2017, 08:48 AM

I think your blocks are very nice and we all have to start somewhere don't we???? We learn by our mistakes and move on. I give you credit for keep on trying-your results are turning out great. I really agree that is a very expensive BOM-especially when there are so many "free" blocks out there on the internet. Just stick with the members on this QB and they will be more than happy to help you.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:08 AM

Marcia, your remark about the 747 landing on your seams made me laugh aloud. I have been quilting for about 12 years, have a 1/4" foot, and still have trouble with accurate seams. Hope you master that part better than I have. Have fun.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:14 AM

Love the colors, Thanks for sharing.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by cook25526 View Post
On the top right block - I think two of the four patch blocks (top row) are transposed. The leafy print should be on the left, and the green one on the right side. Easier to fix now rather than later.
Good for you. I saw that, too. But I have other ideas. It's the top left block that needs a few changes. I think the green leafy squares should make a line down from top right to bottom left, and the dark squares should make a line the other way. To do that the two four-patches on the left side need to be switched. They should look like the other top block, with rows of the same color going from one corner to the other.

Those are some very beautiful blocks. If you really like them, you will forget about how much they cost.

Last edited by maviskw; 03-30-2017 at 06:50 PM.
Old 03-31-2017, 02:16 AM

Update on the update: I'm doing well on this. Making a block a day. It should take me an hour, but I need to learn to slow down and stitch correctly the first time. Some stuff I have taken out twice. I have also started over several times. I"m saving my mistakes so I can sew them all together and put them in the backing. I have plenty of fabric as I bought (may have said this) a bundle of half yards and a layer cake. I have tapped into both. Shipment # 5 and 6 are fabric for setting blocks and borders and binding. I put an alert on several sites for more fabric when it becomes available. I was petrified of running out. I think I have enough now as I just bought 3 yards of the border fabric. I won't be able to sleep under this quilt as I will be worried how much I spent.
Marcia
Old 03-31-2017, 07:20 AM

I to have had a bad experience with BOM so I do not do them anymore unless it is local and usually they are way to expensive so we have a sewing group that can work as we please and it is so much more fun and relaxing and we find so many things to do, our own BOM, round robbin, row or what we decide besides the fun of a get together at our local church on Tuesday night plus the use of large tables when needed