Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Friendship Block ?????? >

Friendship Block ??????

Friendship Block ??????

Old 04-24-2009, 05:53 AM
Banned

I'd go with the solid. Your middle is getting lost. BUT I think your doing a terrifuc job. :D
Old 04-24-2009, 06:39 AM

i have been quilting for about 5 years now. i STILL am trying to learn to match fabrics to get just the right look. don't despair - keep all your 'experimental' blocks and make a quilt out of them - call it 'Life'!!! :shock:
Old 04-24-2009, 06:39 AM

Everyone has already commented about the patterns being too close in size. One thing I didn't see mentioned yet is this. The points at the edges should come together 1/4" from the edge of the block. This leaves the seam allowance to attach this block to others in the quilt and still see the points. From the picture, it appears the points meet right at the edge of the block.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:08 AM

Okay ladies This mess kept me awake half the night. I am a little COD and my mind would not shut down, got to bed at 3am and I was up at 7.30 this morning saying ok I will try something different. I ripped those two apart and boy will I notttttt do that again. :lol: :lol: :lol: I go for the keep the ugly blocks and eventually I will make an ugly guilt :lol: :lol: Thanks for all of your suggestions and thanks for some being private I like all the feedback tho. My daughter told me this morning that this may not be such a good idea for me (since I want everything to be perfect and that is just not so in a not so perfect world Mom U are to hard on your self U need to enjoy the process not obsess over every stitch) So I will try to do this again with your help and understanding. WHICH OF THESE DO WE LIKE. Are do I keep trying.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-26836.jpe   attachment-26838.jpe  
Old 04-24-2009, 07:14 AM

I like them both. I could see a quilt made from alternating these 2 blocks throughout. Nice job!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 07:19 AM

When I start a project, I lay in bed thinking about it and can't shut my mind off. I know exacly what you mean.

I like the white background the best. You're doing great.

I've learned to except imperfection within myself. I'd drive myself crazy otherwise. In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter! lol
Old 04-24-2009, 10:29 AM

Good catch on the 1/4" left so the points don't get cut off-didn't even notice that myself until I went back and looked more closely.
Old 04-24-2009, 10:35 AM
Banned

i have OCD and when i'm in the middle of a challenge or an inspiring design i'll stay up for 24 hours nonstop sewing/designing.

i like the white and i think you did an awesome job!!
Old 04-24-2009, 10:50 AM

Yea I caught my mistake with cod should have been ocd, It can be tough but then I guess you know this. I have been on this kick for about two weeks no sleep and Doc gave me meds but they did not work to well with this stuff on my mind. I have said a thousand times why did i say I would do this \... But after making one or two I am getting more comfortable. I will have to let my daughter pick them and mail them because I will find millions of things wrong :oops: :oops: :oops: YOU KNOW what I mean. Thanks for the kind words and yes I am going to stick with it.. I have had a love affair with fabric for years and I inherited my grandmothers genes for the love of needle work any kind..
Old 04-24-2009, 11:53 AM
Banned

LMAO

you remind me so much of me. quilting is an excellent craft for OCD - if it can pass our test then other people will be happy with the results.

so i ripped an entire quilt apart last night and today i found the mistakes - i was off by 0.125 on 2 blocks.

i fixed the blocks and now i have to put the quilt back together. if i wasn't selling it to a friend i would have let it slide.

quilting is allowing me to be more accepting of myself and others.