Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Geisha Garden Quilt

Blog Entries
    It's beautiful. I like the geisha fabric.

Stunning quilt, just love it, well done! We don't get that magazine over here with the pattern unfortunately. You have done a beautiful job with the quilt and the quilting :)

Wow, beautiful!

Blog Entries
    WOW!!! They are going to love this beauty!!! :D:D:D

It turned out beautiful.

My goodness, that quilt is beautiful!! Love the fabrics and love your quilting!

It is beautiful .Would like the pattern I seen some material at the Quilters Attic that would make a pretty

You did a beautiful job, You inspire me ,,,,I have the same pattern from the same magazine, material is tucked a way until I get time to make it up, just some oriental pieces I found , and I do my own quilting too, will not spend money to have someone do it, but fortunately I just got the new 830 Bernina so I have more room to fold material under the arm , I am getting ready to quilt a leaf pattern for our yearly reunion in Oklahoma, sewing and genealogy are my greatest passion , second to spending time with my husband of 5 years, I lost the first one to cancer after 50 years of marriage,

Do you still have the pattern for the Kimono Rose? I would like it I have seen some material at a place called the Quilters Attic that would be pretty. Do you have a pattern for the D9P?

Thank you
    Carolyn

I do have the pattren for the Kimona Rose, and could send it to you if you give me your e-mail, addy, mine is [email protected] I have no idea what the d9p is fill me in and I will let you know :oops:

I wonder if you would also be kind enough to send me the pattern too, Campbell34? I have quite fallen in love with the quilt and live in Australia and we do not get that magazine here. It is a beautiful quilt and I would love to make it also.

Carolyn, I found my directions , for the 9 patch, Make a nine patch of what ever size you wish but make them all the same size,make sure the center color is a very different color, then cut the nine patch in two across the center and then cut the 2 pieces in two again across the center crosswise, you will have 9 patches with four small squares and 2 longer strips along each side of a larger square, then make a row of the patches with the small squares all in the bottom right hand corner of each patch, make the row as long as you want , then make the second row the same as the first EXCEPT put the small squares in the top left hand corner,third row is same as the first and so on, if you do this on paper first it is much easier to remember, use colored pencils or ljust sew a patch or two together and it will just fall into place, , This pattern was put on at our quilting club as a demonstration by a lady that has creating with color.com, makes a quick patchwork quilt , you can use all colors of scraps if you wish , Hope this works for you, Betty

Very, very pretty!! I love Asian fabric!

Woops, you will have 4 patches not 9, I don't know what I was thinking, all I had was my notes from the meeting from many months ago , I had shown several cuts to make it sound reasonable to me , I showed 9 different patches so I would know how to put it together :mrgreen:

I just wanted to thank you - Campbell34, for so very kindly sending me the pattern for the Kimono Rose quilt. Not only did this lovely lady send it to me, when my computer would not read the original send in, she then converted it to another format and re sent it to me. So Campbell34 - a HUGE THANKYOU, from Down Under. That was a lovely thing to do for me. :)

well, Lady, quilters need to stick together and help each other out when ever possible, maybe it will be your turn next time , :)

Lovely.

Wow! Beautiful :thumbup:

Have you started the 9 patch yet? I am anxious to see it . All they had at the quilters meeting was a small sample to look at.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2