Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Gramma's Sampler has begun!! Final Pictures Page 7 >

Gramma's Sampler has begun!! Final Pictures Page 7

Gramma's Sampler has begun!! Final Pictures Page 7

Old 06-21-2009, 04:20 AM
Power Poster

Your gramma looks so cute all snuggled up with her quilt! I love it! Hired to make a copy...now that is a compliment! Great job!
Old 06-21-2009, 05:29 AM

I have just gone back and read the whole thread. What a lovely journey. The quilt is gorgeous. The colors are awesome together. And Grandma seems as pleased as she can be. Did you write that journal to go with it? You did a spectacular job. Take a bow.
Old 06-21-2009, 06:23 AM

I wrote a long letter that included most of the things from here. I wrote her a separate "map" to tell her which block was which.

With her Alzheimer's, it sounds like she forgets everyday what the blocks are, so she rereads it and it's like a new delivery everyday.

This was so special. I hope that if anyone else makes a special project for someone, she'll let us in on the journey too. I don't think it would have turned out so well without all the encouragement from friends here.

Thank you!
Old 06-21-2009, 06:41 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by mpeters1200
Hot off the presses!! I finally figured out how to get these pictures to scan. Here Gramma is sitting with her quilt, which is upside down and one with Gramma standing next to it and the quilt is sideways. Either way...Gramma is with her quilt in the same picture, which is what I wanted. I didnt' realize such a tiny quilt at 60" square would be so much BIGGER than she is!! I love this thread. I've watched her quilt go from a block here and there to a quilt I'm really proud of. I've been commissioned to make a copy...my first quilt for hire. Gramma's Sampler is going to live on....

Mpeters:
What a lovely quilt and Gramma is beautiful. She looks so happy. You did a magnificant job! Congratulations on your first commission. You have a right to be proud. You go girl, Strut your stuff!!

Old 06-21-2009, 07:00 AM

What a wonderful story to go with the quilt. The quilt is beautiful with Grandma! Love the journey and hope the journal is appreciated and a copy is with the quilt and another copy is kept with photos by you.

I have been reading Jennifer Chiavarini's boooks and realize how important labels are.

You have done a wonderful thing andI am proud of getting a commission job as well. WTG! :lol:
Old 06-21-2009, 07:19 AM

Melissa, it's beautiful.

And, be sure to take a pic of Gramma when
she gets her quilt!
Old 06-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Power Poster

aww, you grandma makes me think of my 'little grandma', so tiny, standing there.
I'm making all my laps about that size too. Yours is so pretty, and glad you gave her the information about the blocks, etc. You did an awesome job, and keeping all this and pictures, your kids are going to cherish these some day.
I'm so glad you didn't forget to let us in on the happiest part, melissa. I love these kinds of stories.
Now you get to be a part of somebody else's heirloom. What an honor! congrats! :D
Old 06-21-2009, 06:06 PM

Thank you everyone so much!! I don't think it would have turned out as well without all your encouragement. Thank you!!
Old 06-21-2009, 08:20 PM
Power Poster

These pictures are sooo precious!!! Grama looks good wrapped up in so much love!!!! :D :D :D