Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Gramma's Sampler has begun!! Final Pictures Page 7 >

Gramma's Sampler has begun!! Final Pictures Page 7

Gramma's Sampler has begun!! Final Pictures Page 7

Old 01-01-2009, 12:33 PM

Blocks 3, 4 and 5 were done yesterday and the day before. Here is a pic of one. I know it doesn't match the rest, but it matches one I made yesterday. I still have 4 more to go and 1 of them will have ALL the fabric in it, I'm trying to tie it all together.

Here is Fancy Stripes. This was a bit of a pain. It went together fine, but think I may have stretched them during pressing. It's really hard to press instead of iron sometimes.

Here it is!

[IMG]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...ncyStripes.jpg[/IMG]

I'll post the other two today too, I just have to get pics of them first. I hate pics taken on a cell phone. The color is never right.
Old 01-01-2009, 06:41 PM

Here are the other two blocks I completed the last couple of days. I have 4 left. One relatively easy, one a tad more complicated that needs some more math done to it, and two that need applique.

A Maple Leaf....I strongly considered making it in tangerine and white...close to the Canada flag but decided against it. Gramma took a trip to Canada in 1990. I was 11 almost finished reading the Anne of Green Gables series that I started when I was 10. I remember watching the movies with Gramma. She went to PE Island and returned with wonderful Anne of Green Gables barette's, clips, bookmarks and post cards.

[IMG]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z.../MapleLeaf.jpg[/IMG]

Chimneys and Cornerstones. Mostly because my gramma is the foundation of my family, and partly because I have discovered Jennifer Chiaverini and I really wanted to make a block from her books. Gramma is right now, the oldest living member of my family. I wasn't raised close to my mom's family. They lived in Florida or in other countries. When my mother became too ill to be a mother, Gramma would take me shopping for unmentionables and other such things that father's didn't need to worry about. To this day I love Time Warner Music and their collections from the 40's. Andrew Sisters, Perry Como, Rosemary Clooney, Dean Martin, now those people could SING!!

[IMG]http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z...rnerstones.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-01-2009, 08:09 PM

Your quilt is going to be lovely. I really like your color choices. Thanks for the pics.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:22 PM

You are doing an awesome job on your quilt. Your Gramma is going to love it!
Old 01-02-2009, 03:33 AM

What wonderful story your quilt will have. I strongly urge you to WRITE down ALL ALL OF THESE MEMORIES in a journal just as you have told us. Make an album of the progress of the quilt and write all of the memories that go along with it.

I have just got to get off my duff and get the Jennifer Chiaverini books.

Your quilt is going to be lovely. Happy stitching and remembering.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:33 AM

This is going to be one special quilt. I love how you're thinking everything through and ever decision has a reason.

On the log cabin question--there's no rule about which side is up--it's all in how it will fit into the pattern with many other log cabin squares... so any direction you like is where it should be. :D
Old 01-02-2009, 04:41 AM

Great job.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Banned

looking good..... keep up the good work
Old 01-02-2009, 08:27 AM

That is going to be awesome!
Old 01-02-2009, 09:15 AM

Do you really think I should write down the story of the quilt? I document all my quilts in their labels, and only recently started taking pics of progressions of them. I have a disc with pics of all my finished quilts and now I have a couple with pictures of their progress. I don't have a journal or anything because I give away 90% of my quilts. I have only finished 6, so it's not like it's a long list or anything.