Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Hawaiian breadfruit wip

That is breath taking. Wow........
    Theressa
    Cowgirlquilter

Live now in the beautiful Smokey Mts of NC
    I love what you did. I've never heard of this before. You did a great job. Love your stitches (small)

You are doing a wonderful job on the Ulu. As you know, that is the pattern we all started with.
    http://www.oregonquilting.net
    I choose to give my life away for things that last forever

Quote Originally Posted by tealfalcon View Post
    if your making several different blocks then do them seperate then put together as any other quilt....for a big quilt you still have to piece the background bc you can't get fabric that wide...so piece background then add applique as one big piece..hope that makes sense
    Thanks for your suggestion, I am a little nervous about tackling this big project especially white background. Please excuse the spelling in my original post I had 3 DGS( 5, 3 & almost 2)here while mom & dad got a break for their anniversary. I was exhausted and for bid myself from any sharp instruments like a rotary cutter until I at least got a nap in.

I've started the same breadfruit applique and mine looks nothing like yours. That's why it's a UFO. I keep telling my self I'll finish it and I will. Someday. Yours is beautiful!

Blog Entries
    My comment" That's beautiful, and I am sure glad it is you doing that hand quilting an not me!!" I would not ever critize anyone who has the courage to hand quilt any project. I literally hate to do any hand sewing, so all who hand quilt do great!! Can't wait to see your large project completed!!

I am doing the same pattern, in green, in honor of the four years we were lucky enough to live in Hawaii. You are farther along than I am, mahalo for the picture.

great job...love the pattern and fabric

Blog Entries
    That is beautiful! I'll go look at the changes next. I did a few pillow sized ones, but did not know of or understand using a print rather than a solid color. Also, for some reason I thought the echo quilting had to be 1/4" apart.
    Please post your pet's - past and present -pictures at http://www.quiltingboard.com/general...ds-t32280.html

I took a class on Oahu on Hawaiian quilting and they told me also to make the quilting line a pinky finger away from the last row of quilting. I made a small pillow top using the breadfruit pattern. I just love mine and want to make more of them. My applique work is not great, but my hand quilting is getting better.
    Let peace begin with me and you.

Great job. So glad to see you are hand quilting.........and not by machine. Looks beautiful. I love hand applique. I also am doing a hawaiian quilt.
    Last edited by mojo11; 10-23-2012 at 12:53 PM.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    Beautiful, I admired them when we went to Hawaii a few years ago, such a pretty block !!

Herndon, Virginia (currently), soon to be back in Utah
    Hello Tisha! I just joined a few minutes ago seeking Hawaiian quilt lovers. I positively love your breadfruit piece - the colors are wonderful. I am almost finished with an 18X18 heliconia pattern, gold pattern with rust brown background. I think it's lucious but my friends can't figure out why I want to do it (sewing machine quilters, mostly). I piece and quilt all by hand, always have. Well, I can see you understand. I have recently decided to focus on Hawaiian exclusively. Laurianne

Blog Entries

Talking Hawaiian Quilt Block

I love Hawaiian Quilt, I am just finished Four 25'x24'inch Block, I think I'm gonna make this block Bed or big bed size
    quilt, I'd done so many wall hanging, pillow, etc. You did a beautiful one,keep up the wonderful job! I just love it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3