Hearts and Gizzards

Hearts and Gizzards

Old 03-11-2009, 09:52 PM

That's really cute...love it.....:-)
Old 03-12-2009, 12:23 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
well, I don't eat gizzards...I have....but hubby's family loves them...fried or in chicken and rice...will stick a fork in a hand that reaches on their plate......go ahead, won't be mine, lol!
So, K, you eat those gizzards in your salad? just wondering. I don't think they are gross, just chewy and no flavor, but why would anyone want to name their quilt that? eccentric I guess. I probably would have thought twice before clicking too, but knowing me?...I probably would have just to see, what goes by that name? :roll: :D
I was a bit reluctant to try them at first but they're really nice! They have quite a lot of flavour, in fact they're quite rich and you can't eat many. They toss them warm in a mixed lettuce salad with a vinaigrette dressing. In autumn, they put sweet chestnuts in there as well - yummy!

K x
Old 03-12-2009, 07:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
well, I don't eat gizzards...I have....but hubby's family loves them...fried or in chicken and rice...will stick a fork in a hand that reaches on their plate......go ahead, won't be mine, lol!
So, K, you eat those gizzards in your salad? just wondering. I don't think they are gross, just chewy and no flavor, but why would anyone want to name their quilt that? eccentric I guess. I probably would have thought twice before clicking too, but knowing me?...I probably would have just to see, what goes by that name? :roll: :D
I was a bit reluctant to try them at first but they're really nice! They have quite a lot of flavour, in fact they're quite rich and you can't eat many. They toss them warm in a mixed lettuce salad with a vinaigrette dressing. In autumn, they put sweet chestnuts in there as well - yummy!

K x
well, actually, the only ones i have eaten were fried, and maybe I cooked them a tad too long? I missed being on at the same time today, but my surge protector bit the dust. This one belongs in 'cave'. Company is sending me a new one, as I still had over a year of warranty left! Yippee!!
you sure you live way across the ocean? awww, just think of the fun we could have if we lived in same place. I could learn to like gizzards and you could help me with my crazy patch stuff, and I could show you my cave etc. :D
Old 03-13-2009, 12:59 AM
k3n
Power Poster

you sure you live way across the ocean? awww, just think of the fun we could have if we lived in same place. I could learn to like gizzards and you could help me with my crazy patch stuff, and I could show you my cave etc. :D
Sometimes I wish I had one of those beamy up things like on Star Trek - then I could just say 'beam me up, quiltncrazy' and come over for the afternoon! :D

K x
Old 03-13-2009, 05:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Sometimes I wish I had one of those beamy up things like on Star Trek - then I could just say 'beam me up, quiltncrazy' and come over for the afternoon! :D

K x
you wouldn't even need to bring your machine. I have two set up, and my serger. You'll love the cave. I have a design board and a cutting, i'll call it a station, cause i had to take a piece of plywood, covered it with contact paper, and put it across, well, I made my own area for cutting and ironing. works great. Then we have two shelving units with curtains, to look at stash, then a BIG area that goes down one part of one wall, turns corner and goes another four foot. There are four shelves with these, and curtain must be about nine feet long to cover all that...that's curtain #3...you guessed it...more stash...then...nope, we're not done,...closet has all these hangers with space savers, so you can see fabs coordinated by would-be projects. There's quilt batting in there, pillow/toy stuffings, stabilizers, some coats and prom dresses I picked up at thrift shops etc. to recycle for granddaughters and pillows, whatever. nope, not done. the cutting area has a few bins under it, big bin on wheels under one of the sewing tables, is about 3.5 feet long and full of fleece, and flannel, oh yeah, there's a cabinet, when you first walk in, has projects lined up in boxes, "priority" projects...(grandbabies)...last but not least...other sewing table has some bins under it, old sewing machines and a small two drawer, part of an old dresser that I painted and filled with stuff, like clamps, ppr clips, markers, pens, all kinds of tape,...oh yeah, have a roller around, 3-drawer thingy filled with all kinds of doo-dads like that and more, too. Gee, listing it like this, I must be spoilt rotten. Do I stink? :wink:
Someday I'll get pics and get computer geek brother to help me post. I used to be a little embarrassed by all my toys, but you guys would just love them. forgot 4 x 8 pegboard on wall, oh and three more sets of shelves with shoe boxes with fat quarters, scraps, more books. Oh, I have left out tons of shelves...not bragging,....sharing. It's a quilters dream world in there. Lot of it, was given to me...blush, lot of it was bought too... :oops: :D
Old 03-13-2009, 05:24 AM
Power Poster

OOOPS, back to hearts and gizzards...I forget where I am a lot, LOL!
:D
Old 03-13-2009, 11:07 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Sound like heaven to me C - I'm on the next plane! (i wish...)

K x
Old 03-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by k3n
Sound like heaven to me C - I'm on the next plane! (i wish...)

K x
well, i have one rule...you have to bring the munchkins! geesh, if only...

...if wishes were horses...
I hear you grandma!!! :D
Old 03-13-2009, 05:27 PM

This is SOOO pretty! I love the pattern and especially your quilting. It really makes the quilt go from great to spectacular!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Power Poster

it is beautiful and I love red. I think i know why it's called hearts and gizzards, because when you look at two hearts, point to point...that resembles the shape of gizzards, lol :wink: