Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Here is my Chicken quilt so far... Update:  Borders done. :) >

Here is my Chicken quilt so far... Update: Borders done. :)

Here is my Chicken quilt so far... Update: Borders done. :)

Old 03-07-2009, 04:49 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mgshaw
Thanks everyone!!!!! :D I found some black fabric with different colored chickens on it the other day and went ahead and got it. I couldnt find the color of chicken wire fabric I wanted. (I had used some in the quilt that was tan with brown wire that I really would have liked for the borders) I was afraid the lighter colors would just fall away. So I will play with this black and see what it will look like. :D
black is good. it makes everything pop, and has chickens.
Before that I was thinking of maybe a large checkerboard type border that resembled chicken wire, but this would certainly be less work. Oh, if you had some more of those little eggs with the feet for the corners. They are sooo cute. I think everybody is in love with this one.
I want to do something similar, but i don't collect chickens, maybe whimsical kitty cats for my daughter. I should do one with bugs for Anna. That little girl is going to be an entomologist. She befriends and names all creepy crawlies. I should take her to visit terri in the jungle. (terri of the jungle...how cute!) :wink:
Old 03-07-2009, 05:18 AM
Power Poster

I'm still checking to see if you've posted the borders yet. I'm going to have to add to my chicken fabric before I can get started on mine. I do have a few...but not nearly enough yet. I have a stack of patterns and I plan to look for several more of those also. I'm thinking of looking at more clip art...I love to use those. So.....hows it coming???
Old 03-07-2009, 07:09 AM

I just love it....was it a BOM?
Old 03-07-2009, 07:15 AM

How's it coming? Well, the only thing I got done this week was cutting the borders! :oops: I was hoping to get to sew today but I was informed last night that I would have to be mechanics helper today while DH works on the big tractor! So probably no sewing again!!!!! GRRRR!!!! :x
Old 03-07-2009, 04:13 PM

Now that's my kind of quilt! I love applique and especially love a quilt that is not just the same pattern over and over again. So much personality and great variety of style and color. You should be proud. It is wonderful. :P
Old 03-07-2009, 04:55 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mgshaw
How's it coming? Well, the only thing I got done this week was cutting the borders! :oops: I was hoping to get to sew today but I was informed last night that I would have to be mechanics helper today while DH works on the big tractor! So probably no sewing again!!!!! GRRRR!!!! :x
Oh pooh...I know all about being the mechanics helper..I don't care for that job..but do it gladly and with a smile on my face! The weather today was too nice to be inside sewing anyway...maybe storms tomorrow...I'll keep checking on you...I can't wait to see!
Old 03-07-2009, 05:28 PM
Power Poster

well, patti and mgshaw, I applaud you both for helping with a job you'd rather not be doing.
Me and hubby have a deal. I am not mechanically inclined...I know, I could just stand there and hand him tools...been there, tried that...he yells, so I don't 'help', he doesn't 'sew'...and we don't fight, lol! :D
Old 03-07-2009, 05:48 PM

our arrangement is more like, I will help you if you promise not to help me!!! :lol: :lol:
Old 03-07-2009, 06:49 PM
Power Poster

:lol: :lol: :lol: good idea :wink:
Old 03-07-2009, 06:53 PM

I love it and am green with envy :mrgreen: . I have had very little time to sew since the BIG move. Too busy unpacking and organizing and since it warmed up gardening too! But your quilt is really cute. Good job! :thumbup: