Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Hickory Nut table topper >

Hickory Nut table topper

Hickory Nut table topper

Old 10-10-2009, 07:23 AM

Thanks everyone.

The Hickory Nut templates are made by a local quilt shop here in Arkansas. They have a website ( http://www.hhqsewingcenter.com/ ) but it's pretty basic and doesn't offer items for sale. But I think they would surely do mail order if you contact them. They have an e-mail link on their Contact Us page. If they can't or won't, let me know and I'll be glad to go by there and buy a template set for you. By the way, they come in 3 sizes, small, medium, and large. I used the small set for the topper I did, which is about a 2.5" finished block from top to bottom. The medium set which I also have is 3.5" finished size top to bottom. Large set (which I don't have) is about 6", I think.

Here's a pic of the small template set:

[IMG]http://i1018.photobucket.com/albums/...2/DSC_0157.jpg[/IMG][/quote]

The small set was $6.25 and the medium set was $8.75. Not sure how much the large set is, but thinking it is probably about $10. They do come with directions, and they are actually incredibly easy to do. They could be done by hand, but I did mine all by machine. But I think they would make a really good project to just sit and hand-sew as well. And they are much like a cathedral window block in that they are complete once you finish the block. You then just stitch the blocks together to make it however big you want.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:20 AM

Reall cute idea. Have a hexagon acrylic roatary cutting template I bought some time ago but never used. Could use it to cut main fabric and adapt it to cut the smaller batting and window fabric to use up more of my bits and pieces for more Linus quilts.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:54 AM

That is so cute!
Old 10-10-2009, 09:46 AM

Just visited the Hickory Hill site but most pages came up blank. The only products shown were their sewing machines.
I would definetly be interested in the largest set. Would simplifiy making the Linus quilts.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:46 PM

Eddie, do have a link to these templates? I have tried to find them at Hickory Hill with no luck. Your help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Power Poster

Oh wow, that is really pretty!
Old 10-10-2009, 02:01 PM

That looks very hard. You did a great job.
Old 10-10-2009, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by Ellie
Just visited the Hickory Hill site but most pages came up blank. The only products shown were their sewing machines.
I would definetly be interested in the largest set. Would simplifiy making the Linus quilts.
Originally Posted by The Babe
Eddie, do have a link to these templates? I have tried to find them at Hickory Hill with no luck. Your help would be appreciated. Thank you.
Their website is pretty basic and doesn't offer any online purchasing capabilities., although I think they'd probably do mail order if you want to contact them. I'm going by there late next week to purchase a template set for another member here on the QB, so if anyone else would like to purchase one let me know. I'd be glad to get it for you and send it to you. If you're interested, just PM me and I'll send you my mailing address for sending payment. I have a Paypal account as well. The prices of the sets are noted above, and I'll mail them with free shipping on me (my small contribution to those here who I have learned so much from! :) ).
Old 10-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Power Poster

That sure is cute. And different. I haven't seen that before, but I love that effect. Great job.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:13 PM

Great looking runner Eddie! I made a king size quilt by hand a few years ago. It's addicting and fun and gives you something to do while watching tv. I used a black background on mine.