Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
How fast is  the horse galloping? >

How fast is the horse galloping?

How fast is the horse galloping?

Old 09-30-2010, 11:12 AM

A stunning quilt - great representation of the past Christmas' we remember
Gail will definatly come up with a great label for you.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:26 AM
Power Poster

Very pretty quilt! You did a nice job!
Old 09-30-2010, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Kathryn2
Your quilt is beautiful. I have made a couple of Bonnie Hunter scrap quilts but have not seen Carolina Christmas. Is it from one of her books? If not and someone would share it with me, I would appreciate it. Your Christmases from the past sound like what I remember. So many people, each person drew a name. Blessings to all. Kathryn
When Bonnie Hunter started this mystery quilt, she stated the pattern would be up for a specified time, and then removed to be included in a new book. I do not know what that means as far as copyrights. I think it is not in the book that came out recently because she was posting it at the time the book would have been at the printers. So maybe she has another book coming out soon?????
Old 09-30-2010, 01:56 PM

Wow what a beautiful quilt - you did a great job.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:03 PM

Wow beautiful job! I love Bonnie Hunters quilts I have made about 5 of hers almost done with one now, just boarders to put on. May have to try this one.

I really love your quilt!!!!!!!
Old 09-30-2010, 02:11 PM

This is gorgeous. You did a beautiful job.
I find that after doing a hard pattern, the second one is a breeze.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:39 PM

That is exquisite! You have totally captured that feeling of nostaglia you wanted. It makes ME think of those wonder years. Love your quilt. And the rider would have to climb down off his horse and use a magnifying glass to see the boo boos.
Old 09-30-2010, 02:58 PM

When Bonnie Hunter started this mystery quilt, she stated the pattern would be up for a specified time, and then removed to be included in a new book. I do not know what that means as far as copyrights. I think it is not in the book that came out recently because she was posting it at the time the book would have been at the printers. So maybe she has another book coming out soon?????[/quote]

Her second book, "Leaders and Enders" out shortly after this mystery was posted. Having begun the mystery at that time, I quickly ordered the book. It's great, and I know I will make several of the quilts in it - unlike most books, which have 2 or 3 that I like if I'm lucky.

Her third book is under way, scheduled for release in February. On her blog, she has shown several "sneak peeks" at a few of the projects she is working on that will be included - looks like I might need this book, too. I don't use the cut up shirts that she uses for neutrals, but use a large assortment of neutrals from my stash. Around here, the price of shirts at Goodwill/Salvation Army/Volunteers of America is at least a couple of dollars. After I've cut it all up, how much fabric do I really have? I can buy beautiful fabric at the Mennonite stores for about $6 per yard, and it doesn't need to be washed and cut up!

For anyone interested, there will be a new mystery on her site later this fall. Sometime in late October, suggested colors will be posted w/ fabric requirements. Then the mystery in November. Last year, it started Thanksgiving weekend.

Here's her website, should anyone want it. Tons of great info, at least 20 free patterns, and her famous fabric scrap users system. You could spend a day browsing through it all and the links provided. I can't recommend it highly enough. http://www.quiltville.com/
Old 09-30-2010, 03:27 PM

I love your quilt. It is beautiful. Can't see anything wrong. I think you did a fantastic job.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:44 PM

Wow that is very beautiful and lots of work.