• Pictures
  • I decided which quilts are going on the quilt show next month >
  • I decided which quilts are going on the quilt show next month

• I decided which quilts are going on the quilt show next month

Old 04-01-2010, 05:31 PM
    Banned

those are all so beautiful, I hope you win. Penny
    Old 04-01-2010, 05:32 PM

You will do just fine Karla! I love them all and remember the stories that go with all of them as you were doing them!
    Old 04-01-2010, 06:03 PM

Hi ladies--gosh you know how to warm up a heart. :-D

I never got a reply for my email, so I wrote "I'm not exactly sure what this means." next to where I was to check "My original pattern." I'll let them decide from the photos. I measured them all tonight for the forms--what a pain. :roll: and the envelope is sealed! Hubby has tomorrow off so he will deliver it to the post office. The address to send the papers to is a box right there--so all is well.

Now I have to hand sew the binding on Kayak, then baste a small form to the back right corner of each quilt, then baste a form onto a pillow case--then fold the quilts so the form shows through the pillow case opening-with the case form sewn so an arrow on it points to the opening. Sheeesh. It's enough to scare a body away from the whole idea. If I didn't have the week off before the show, I doubt I would have done it.

Oh! Janstar--I had to write all the stories in 75 words or less. (A few went over.)

I was squeezing my bindings to see of they are all filled, and they aren't all the way around anyway. That's okay. As long as you give me warm fuzzies, their negative comments will bounce off. :wink: I will however, apply them to future quilts! :wink:

Thanks again for all the sweet encouraging replies. This sure is new water for me. (I'd rather be in a kayak! hee hee)
    Old 04-01-2010, 07:16 PM

Watercolor Log Cabin my favorite to havent done a log cabin yet will do one before years up.
    Old 04-01-2010, 07:20 PM

They are all very beautiful, I am sure you will get many ribbons. Good luck. Just being able to say you are the artist is like winning IMHO.
    Old 04-01-2010, 07:45 PM

I've seen some of these before, not all of them, but it's a treat to see all of them!

Whether you get prizes, whether they're completely your own original designs and creations or not, they are awesome quilts.
    Old 04-01-2010, 07:53 PM

No answers, but those are beautiful. Good luck on all.
    Old 04-01-2010, 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by barnbum
    I admit I'm still nervous about this... but as gaigai said--if her quilt (watercolor floral log cabin) isn't safe, none of them are safe. So--with that piece of wisdom tucked in my head, the paperwork is getting filled out today. The show is April 23rd and 24th.

I decided on these and to have all of them judged. (Eeek. I'm setting myself up to get my feelings hurt-but I'm going to take the risk. ;) )

Question--there's a place to check whether it's my own design, and I guess I'd not check that unless I didn't use a familiar pattern at all but a created one? Or does that go for color, too?

Also, on the Juried quilt section is reads "to be eligible for the Best of Show award, the piece must be completely designed/created by one person, it cannot be a kit quilt." So--it's considered my creation if I used different colors than a pattern called for? Also--I didn't long arm any of them--but does that still count? The person who long armed each is listed in the paperwork twice.

I'm confused! :roll:
    i say ask them.
    my own interpretation is that if the layout is different on the logs, it's original. i don't know if color changes anything. but on the kayak, the fact that it changes value from light to dark is very original if it's your idea.
    the civil war, i don't know. there are so many different ones out there right now.
    i think you're asking about the log cabins, though, right? i think your watercolor logs is original for the values and the layout, and the first one is original for the layout. and they're both best of show and i haven't even seen the others.
    Old 04-01-2010, 09:12 PM

Good choices to enter. I think you will do well. We are our most severe critic!
    Old 04-01-2010, 09:35 PM

They all are amazing! I like the watercolors log cabin...so beautiful!