Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I did it.  I bought a new machine. >

I did it. I bought a new machine.

I did it. I bought a new machine.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:09 AM

Ok ladies....now we won't see Karla much.
She'll either be tending the horses or playing with her new machine. lol :)
Old 11-12-2008, 03:22 AM

I'm thrilled for you and am looking forward to seeing what you accomplish with it! :mrgreen:
Old 11-12-2008, 07:15 AM

For the decorative stitches that don't take very long to sew (you know the ones that take a while - not those) you can zip around stitch in the ditch so easy and carefree and those extra inches will be an amazing help too! Something tells me those decorative stitches will be devine on those learning quilts you make! Or just think, on those pillow case cuffs!?!? :D :D :D It's gunna be grand!
Old 11-12-2008, 03:12 PM

you must have been a very good girl to get one of those new fangled sewing machines! The close ups of the stitches make me want to shove you off your chair and say- my turn now! (and I'm very non-aggressive)

Enjoy!
Old 11-12-2008, 03:35 PM

:lol: Barb--I'd move over and give you a turn!! :wink: Come on over!

I'm sewing some 9 patches for a Cat's Stairway to Heaven wall hanging... and my it's going fast and easy. :D :D :D I finally stopped playing with the new stitches and got to work. I think I'll use some fun stitches for the quilting on this piece....

I was thinking of using the fun stitches to quilt ragged flannel squares... and I like all your suggestions! Keep them coming.

Old 11-12-2008, 03:41 PM

You asked... Down and dirty binding, sew onto the front and then decorative stitch instead of hand stitching the back. My Tendonitice gets really bad when I hand sew so that's how I do it. You get to the point where you know which ones are better for doing that. It looks great on things for kids and no one suspects you did it on purpose.
Old 11-12-2008, 03:43 PM

Oh and another. Instead of quilting you can tie the quilt, by "tack stitching" with a decorative stitch on the machine. One for each place you would have put a tie. It's nice because there aren't any of the choking hazards from loose yarn ect.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:27 AM

But barnbum, you DID buy a horse. A work horse. And the only thing you will have to shovel up is thread from the floor. :lol: Congratulations. Now raise you right hand, reach over and pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:25 AM

Elizabeth--you have great ideas!! Thanks!! :D :D

Okay, Gail, I did. :lol: If I had another horse it'd take more time from quilting. I have PT conferences till 7:30 tonight--so no sewing, maybe. :wink: More conferences tomorrow--then I'm done. Sigh... so much I want to do, so little time. The horses' tails need washing, braiding...and the new machine needs attention... but work is in the way! Wahhhh. :lol:
Old 11-13-2008, 05:36 AM

Karla...you sew and I'll tend to MY ROSIE!
I'll bring Bill with me and he can take care of Jazz lol

Well, I guess I could take care of the others too. Just make sure Kennedy is there because I'll probably need some help. I'm sure she won't mind. :)

So, now with the horses taken care of....you can sew, sew, sew.
Oh, and Mark can bbq for us because we will all be hungry from all the work we will have done. :) :) :)