Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
I hope she will help a child with cancer >

I hope she will help a child with cancer

I hope she will help a child with cancer

Old 03-24-2012, 08:46 AM

I love your dolls and I know that any little girl will just adore them. God bless you for your work with the children.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:21 AM

Thanks to you all for your replies. I've gotten busy trying to organize my materials (fabric, lace and ribbings....stuffing) so I can more easily find exactly what I want to use for the particular doll quickly and finish it up the dolls. Hoping to get four more made by the end of the month and start April with having made 100 dolls (since I started counting)(that means 4 more and I am working on doll 96 a boy doll. Gotta sew his cap on and make two faces and he'll be ready.)

Glad all of you are liking the dolls.

I have 18 bodies ready to sew up and stuff
I have 22 dresses ready to sew and decorate
I have 5 nightgowns ready to sew and decorate

I bought some fabric dye, but afraid to try it because I'm afraid it will ruin my washing machine. I had some white fabric I want to use for more bodies in the future. Anyone out there buy that bottled fabric dye at the department stores?

(I'm hoping to get all the fabrics cut out, so I can sew like a 'factory line', and maybe someday put the dolls into a kit bag complete except for thread' and just grab the one I need to sew, for the need at hand...hope that makes sense.)

Last edited by wordpaintervs; 03-26-2012 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:51 PM

OKAY EVERYONE, I just got permission to share a picture of Destany, the 3 year old that got a liver transplant as well as one of my dolls (see page 41 or 42 to see Destany's doll). The family appreciates all your caring and the prayers for her. They hope to come home from the San Francisco children's hospital in a month. Here is her latest picture from facebook, where she is 'blowing kisses' to everyone.

the permission by her mother is shown below:
Priscilla Masseo 9:31pm Mar 27

Hi
Yes you may share a picture of destany. And thank you for asking! (: She's doing amazing and she loves the doll! Thank you. (:
Attached Thumbnails destany-blowing-kisses-march-232012.jpg  
Old 08-01-2012, 09:38 PM

You are a real sweetheart to do this, and I am sure that these dolls bring so much comfort to these sick children.

Children are the closest things to angels that we have on this earth, and it is such a blessing to serve them.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:18 AM

You are awesome!
Old 08-02-2012, 10:22 AM

Thanks so much for those replies. So far 113 dolls have found a child to love them. dolls 114 and 115 will go out next Sunday. There are for 6 of 9 children young enough to appreciate a doll, that because of unfortunate and illegal circumstances have been removed from both father and mother, who are no longer together either, and father arrested. the 9 are seperated into foster care. 4 are with a woman that goes to our small church. Four ladies are sending me a quilt for the 9 kids to have. They were never allowed toys or socialization with other kids, no snacks in the home and only food considered sacred. Had to cover their hair and wear long skirts. were told by father the world would end last October as well. Nothing proven yet against father but rumors are rampant. In and out of court these days, and not sure if kids pulled into the court or not. Kind of a big mess and traumatic for those kids. Thanks again for the replies.
Old 08-02-2012, 10:42 AM

She is just beautiful and what a wonderful, caring thing to do. It's so very sad that children have to suffer any kind of disease or trauma and whatever any of us can do for them is so rewarding and worthwhile. Bless you for this.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:27 AM

Thanks redquilter. I was always taught it is more blessed to give then to receive. I find it true. I am glad I am able to help kids in this small way. I appreciate yur reply. Thanks again.

Vickey
Old 08-02-2012, 12:20 PM

What a special lady you are. Your dolls are precious.
Old 08-02-2012, 02:20 PM

thanks. if you've read my very long blog, you know dolls go out mostly to kids with cancer, some needing transplants, some with abuse issues, and the list goes on. One 3 year old needed a heart and liver transplant...don't know how she is doing. Two long ago were 'laid to rest' with their dolls. Recently i gave 4 dolls with two to go within a family of 9 that are broken up into 3 or 4 foster homes now and do not see either mother or father, as far as I know. Illegal stuff not yet proven of possible sexual nature (????) and also reports of beatings to mom and maybe a kid or two. NOthing for sure...in and out of courts right now. Some quilters are sending each of the 9 a quilt for me to give them to help in the comforting process. Sad that children have to suffer. It hurts me to think of it. I just do what I can while I can. I have 34% of my lungs from emphysema and will turn 72 the 8th. At least I can do this. I hope to reach a goal of 200 at least. when I deliver the next two dolls, it means 115 dolls found a child to love them. thanks again.

Vickey S.